DMN: Emmitt blasts Flozell

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Eskimo;2389674 said:
How many amputees do you seeing playing LT? I rest my case. :laugh2:

It kind of reminds me of the 94 championship game when Allen was playing on a bum ankle and 49ers DEs kept on going right around him and pounding Aikman. Meanwhile we had a future Pro Bowler who had been with us a couple of years sitting on the bench in Ron Stone.

Sometimes the coach just has to tell the player they are hurting the team and need to sit on the bench.

I agree. I can understand loyalty to a guy who's done it for you but you can't expect an injured player to perform.

Great example. I'd never thought of that game that way. We likely would have never lost him and maybe not that game if we'd have played him.

StylisticS

Reaction score
es22;2389686 said:
And to think that ESPN kept Emmitt over Irvin.

He would be great to counter that joke of a staff right now on gameday.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Kilyin;2389591 said:
Agreed, to an extent. It's been said before, but if a one-armed Flozell is still considered the best option over what's behind him, why are those guys still taking up roster spots? (Free, McQ, Holland, etc)

Actually, this has happened on Houck's watch before, not pulling an injured starter until it was too late. Anyone remember the '94 NFC championship game when the 9ers were simply abusing a young and injured Larry Allen at RT. Aikman was under duress until Houck finally replaced LA with a young Ron Stone (future pro bowler).

And I'm a Houck backer, but sometimes the guy can be either too loyal or too stubborn. Tony Wise is not nearly as respected as Houck, but he had a quicker hook.

MONT17

Reaction score
If I was married to Emmitts wife I would suck @ a lot of things too.