News: DMN: Ex-NFL GM: Cowboys draft target Carson Wentz is similar to this Super Bowl-winning QB

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Yeah but those 3rd downs Romo converted allowed the run game to continue. I hear your point, just believe the QB should be "securely" in place bf a stud RB; Romo for 4 years is just DAL PR, etc. Think they want one but don't want to do it @ 4, so likey looking at RD 2 and later if I'm feeling their approach. Who knows, we could all skit the bed when they draft Bosa:facepalm::D

lol.. I hope like hell they don't take Bosa. Quite honestly, I have never been so confused on who they will take. Bosa seems like the front runner but there have been reports they didn't like him. I have no clue what will happen.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
lol.. I hope like hell they don't take Bosa. Quite honestly, I have never been so confused on who they will take. Bosa seems like the front runner but there have been reports they didn't like him. I have no clue what will happen.

No one does, that's half of the fun of this game; we're gambling (in our back n forths) while knowing we have no power:confused: The "addiction" will be added to the DSM eventually:D

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
But that's because there's a premium on starting quarterbacks.

The Patriots generally have strong defenses too, but most people would consider the Ravens being led by the defense, not necessarily Joe Flacco.

Flacco is among the better quarterbacks in the league, but he's always been blah to me. Maybe that's a matter of perception. But I don't think I'm the only one who has that opinion of him.

I personally would put Flacco in the top 12 of the league, but if others feel differently I can respect that.

With that being said, if Wentz turns out to be one of the top 10-12 QBs in the league, he would be worth the 4th overall pick in my opinion.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I personally would put Flacco in the top 12 of the league, but if others feel differently I can respect that.

With that being said, if Wentz turns out to be one of the top 10-12 QBs in the league, he would be worth the 4th overall pick in my opinion.

Fair enough. I have no problem picking him at #4. But for a 10-12 ranked quarterback, I wouldn't trade up to get him.

Having said that, I think it's silly to start insulting people over where they think a particular player should be pick, especially one considered among the top talent in the draft.

No one knows who these guys are going to turn out. We're arguing potential. So if someone disagrees that Wentz isn't worthy of trading up for or #4, I'm not going to melt down to insult mode. I'll just say ...

We'll see.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
I'm just trying to make you think.

Offense A
QB Romo
WR1 Dez
RB McFadden

Offense B
QB Cassel
WR1 Williams
RB Murray

My view on the 2014 season is in line with the vast majority of analysts, media, and fans. Your view is rooted in the manipulation of random stats to justify your love of Romo. With what you're posting now, it doesn't even make sense. It's completely illogical and I'm pretty sure you know that, or are just being obtuse. Cassel and Weeden are jokes at QB that don't even have the ability to consistently take advantage of a dominating oline and running game. I will say this one last time and I'm done on the subject. We dominated in 2014 because of an outstanding oline AND outstanding RB. The next closest RB to Murray was 500+ yards behind him. Think about that, Because Romo had a ton of pressure taken off of him with such an awesome running game and teams stacking the box to try and stop it, he was able take advantage of defenses and have his best year of his career. If our RB is DMC or Morris this year.. who i think are both average to slightly above average, my point will be proven. If we get a guy like Zeke, we could possibly have repeat or close to a repeat of 2014.. especially in a bad NFC east. You get the last word.

ufcrules1

Reaction score

I can agree with that.. the problem is we have no idea what Wentz will turn into. We haven't even seem him play against top schools. He could turn into a Flacco or Big Ben but he could also be a complete dud. Hard to gamble on that at the 4th pick in the draft where you need to find a play maker.