News: DMN: Herm Edwards: Morris Claiborne is making excuses; his job is to play corner period

NewsBot

Reaction score
*** Message was removed by demand from DMN ***

Last edited by a moderator:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
And why does Herm Edwards keep believing he has the right to be critical of anyone? He was an utter failure as a head coach.

Uhhh yea he may have been a "failure" as a head coach but he knows a LITTLE something about cornerback. I mean he played the position for 10 years......

And if the criteria to be "critical" of a players performance is to be a successful head coach than none of us on this board should even be on here should we?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Well Claliborne is struggling due to scheme, injuries and no training camp for two years straight. I'd hardly call him PEte Hunter. Especially since he showed more last season than Hunter had his whole career.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
there was a time a journalist could report news, thoughts and opionions directly.

now they just need hits.

next up, whatever lamb will do. the sheep are far too willing to follow.

blackbull

Reaction score
Herm is probably referencing Mo from his Tuesday radio show. (Don't know what he's done to have a show) but whatever.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
And why does Herm Edwards keep believing he has the right to be critical of anyone? He was an utter failure as a head coach.

true but he did score the TD on the fumble aka Miracle at the Meadowlands so I guess he gets a lifetime exemption ;)

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When did MO question the scheme?

Morris Claiborne's reasoning is perplexing

IRVING, Texas -- Morris Claiborne, the second-year cornerback for the Cowboys, says he’s not making as many plays as he did before because of a scheme change.

It sounds more like excuses.

"Now we're basically a zone team,” he said on his weekly ESPN Dallas radio show on 103.3 FM on Tuesday night. “You have to play within that zone. Everything is new to everybody. When guys come in and hit those big dig routes in between the zones, then of course the corner's there, so they're going to say, 'Oh, yeah, that's the corner.'

"It's still a transition. When we were in press, just faced up man-to-man, they only hit one ball on me. But overall, I think all my big plays come within the zone."

"I feel like it's high, but it's not where it needs to be to be able to play corner," Claiborne said. "We're not the type of team that we were last year. We're not assigned [receivers] and you go wherever he goes, you follow him wherever he goes, and that's your man. We're not in that. We don't do that anymore.”

Read more: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowb...aiborne-with-perplexing-answers-for-poor-play

dallasdave

Reaction score

Great point. Herm Edwards thinks he knows everything, but he doesn't know jack crap. Edwards is like a junior Stephen A Smith. Anything that come out of Herm the Worm Edwards mouth is total crap.

The Natural

Reaction score
Great point. Herm Edwards thinks he knows everything, but he doesn't know jack crap. Edwards is like a junior Stephen A Smith. Anything that come out of Herm the Worm Edwards mouth is total crap.

Yea, thats exactly what it is :rolleyes:

Frozen700

Reaction score
Morris Claiborne's reasoning is perplexing

IRVING, Texas -- Morris Claiborne, the second-year cornerback for the Cowboys, says he’s not making as many plays as he did before because of a scheme change.

It sounds more like excuses.

"Now we're basically a zone team,” he said on his weekly ESPN Dallas radio show on 103.3 FM on Tuesday night. “You have to play within that zone. Everything is new to everybody. When guys come in and hit those big dig routes in between the zones, then of course the corner's there, so they're going to say, 'Oh, yeah, that's the corner.'

"It's still a transition. When we were in press, just faced up man-to-man, they only hit one ball on me. But overall, I think all my big plays come within the zone."

"I feel like it's high, but it's not where it needs to be to be able to play corner," Claiborne said. "We're not the type of team that we were last year. We're not assigned [receivers] and you go wherever he goes, you follow him wherever he goes, and that's your man. We're not in that. We don't do that anymore.”

Read more: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowb...aiborne-with-perplexing-answers-for-poor-play

Ahh...thanks.

I don't know if this is a shot or not

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
frustrated postgame tweet

Morris Claiborne ‏@MoClaiborne 30 Sep
pic.twitter.com/UiMOQpC13g

BVbH5maCUAADcLs.jpg

Hoov

Reaction score
Players need PR people in their corner. Sounds like he said some things out of frustration that can be taken and made to look like he is being a crybaby but in reality im sure he knows that he needs to play better. But then again, so do the rest of the defensive players - and i think that is what he is trying to say.

dallasdave

Reaction score
Herm Edwards will probably talk trash about the Cowboys for the weekend NFL predictions. I just hope the Cowboys beat Denver and make him eat every word.