News: DMN: Herm Edwards: Morris Claiborne is making excuses; his job is to play corner period

starfrombirth

Reaction score
Is it possible to play this defense and still play man up and jam the receiver at the line? To be fair, I'm not sure Mo's shoulder can hold up to that pounding very long tho.

TheRat

The Silly Willy
Reaction score
Herm is telling it like it is. Claiborne is being a little 'b' about playing zone. The only reason why you as a player are able to play man-to-man and not zone is because you are too stupid and/or lazy to learn the scheme and proper technique.

silver

Reaction score
What I got from Edwards was he was calling out the offensive coordinator:
You know what can help them, too ... it goes back to the offense. When you go back and you keep throwing it and you forget about the run, it becomes, now all of sudden we're out there three or four plays, our defense is back on the field. When your defense is struggling, you gotta go on some long drives just to give them a rest. In this game, it just got away from them.

jimmy40

Reaction score
I never stopped believing Rob was a great guy for the job. Now he's knocking it out of the park for the Saints--who were dead LAST (32nd) in defense last year. That man's a football coach and we fired him for a 73-year old.

their defense quitting on the season last year had nothing to do with it.

dallasdave

Reaction score
If Herm Edwards was on the staff when Jimmy Johnson was coach the only job Herm would be doing is giving out the socks and jocks.:)

kevm3

Reaction score
Carr's man just scored a touchdown. I guess he's a bust too... or maybe Peyton Manning knows how to run an offense.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Carr's man just scored a touchdown. I guess he's a bust too... or maybe Peyton Manning knows how to run an offense.

At least Carr is near his man. Unlike Clairbust who is 20 feet behind.

kevm3

Reaction score
Just caught one on Scandrick. Scandrick is a bust confirmed too.

dallasdave

Reaction score
If Herm Edwards was on the staff when Jimmy Johnson was coach the only job Herm would be doing is giving out the socks and jocks.:)

Claiborne did get an interception and a fumble recovery. Two turnovers so he did do something, so go get the socks and jocks Herm, that's all your good for. Oh, Herm shut your mouth.

dallasdave

Reaction score
I guess on Mondays espn Herm will talk crap about the Cowboys, and not give them any credit.