News: DMN: How Dak Prescott, and seven rookie QBs drafted ahead of him, are faring: Cowboys' QB

maxdallasfan

Reaction score
The Wentz fascination boggles my mind. He is a younger Alex Smith. Dink and Dunk and that's it. That's all he's going to be, and the fact that they spent the #2 pick on him to just dink and dunk IMO is one of the worst picks in the draft, yet everyone drools over this kid.

So far this year, Alex Smith is averaging 6.6 yds per pass. Guess what, Wonderboy Wentz is averaging 6.6 yds per pass. And Pederson is from the Andy Reid camp. Coincidence?

Only 3 other starting QB's have lower average per pass yards. Flacco, Osweiler and Bortles.

And don't give me any garbage about how his receivers drop the ball. I've watched him, and he rifles the ball on all his 3 yard passes. Dude has no touch.

And the only reason his average is that high at all is YAC.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
man they blew it on what they thought dak was lol

They blow it a lot on what they think QBs are. Very difficult to tell how a college QBs game will translate to the NFL which is why so many mistakes are made drafting QBs. You can't measure a players heart or their intangibles. The draft is a crapshoot especially drafting QBs.

Eddie

Reaction score
I think rooks like Wentz and Lynch would have been very successful behind our OL.

I don't think Dak would be as successful if he were drafted by the Browns.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
QB points added

Most quarterback points added through 11 games, since 2006

WON MVP?
2007 Tom Brady +73 Yes
2011 Aaron Rodgers +58 Yes
2016 Dak Prescott +56 ?
2011 Drew Brees +54 No*
2013 Peyton Manning +54 Yes
* Aaron Rodgers won in 2011

sean10mm

Reaction score
I'm not sure that any of the scouts evaluated Prescott incorrectly to be honest. Every pre-draft scouting report I've read about him seems pretty much spot on. The Cowboys deserve credit for maximizing his strengths and minimizing his weaknesses. I doubt Houston or the Jets are sitting around thinking he'd be the answer to all of their problems.

He was widely compared to Tim Tebow for some reason, a guy who was infinitely worse as a starter than Dak in spite of playing on an absolutely loaded Broncos team. He was widely pegged as as scrub/long-term project/career backup type. That's clearly all BS - this team had those kind of QBs in 2015 with this OL, and was #5 in yards per rushing attempt that year, and was a total trash fire instead of 10-1.