News: DMN: If this player gets injured, the Cowboys' Super Bowl hopes may be in jeopardy

WhizKid

Reaction score
Some arrangement of Zeke, Martin, Frederick, and Lee.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
How on earth would he know if Romo and Dak aren't close? I mean i'm sure they aren't buddies or the best of friends. They are at two different places in their life. So them not hanging out all the time is expected. But he doesn't know their relationship. Its all speculation.

It's speculation based on observation of how competitors with egos act. I don't doubt they're not close. They're civil; they're respectful. But Romo likely sees Dak as the man who stole his job and who is keeping him from possibly winning a Super Bowl as the Cowboys starting quarterback.

Proximo

Reaction score
We have plenty of valuable players for sure, but I tend to put Elliott at the top of the list for the offense. He's just so dynamic and demands so much attention from opposing defenses. And several of our other star players have either missed time or have had more significant "down" games, whereas Elliott has seemed to just continue plugging away after week 1.

On the defense it has to be Lee.

Proximo

Reaction score
How on earth would he know if Romo and Dak aren't close? I mean i'm sure they aren't buddies or the best of friends. They are at two different places in their life. So them not hanging out all the time is expected. But he doesn't know their relationship. Its all speculation.

Exactly.

There's no indication at all that there's any dysfunction or animosity between the two.

Just because they're not close doesn't mean that they have to be enemies, or that they hate on each other.

Obviously Romo wants to be the guy out there still playing. That's only natural, and is to be expected.

What's important is that they BOTH have navigated through this situation like mature professionals. They haven't allowed the circumstances to negatively impact the season, even though the media just can't stop talking about it.

And I've seen plenty of footage of them interacting in a natural and positive way on the sidelines PLENTY of times this season. They seem to get along fine, all things considered.

haleyrules

Reaction score
Exactly.

There's no indication at all that there's any dysfunction or animosity between the two.

Just because they're not close doesn't mean that they have to be enemies, or that they hate on each other.

Obviously Romo wants to be the guy out there still playing. That's only natural, and is to be expected.

What's important is that they BOTH have navigated through this situation like mature professionals. They haven't allowed the circumstances to negatively impact the season, even though the media just can't stop talking about it.

And I've seen plenty of footage of them interacting in a natural and positive way on the sidelines PLENTY of times this season. They seem to get along fine, all things considered.
Yep. Romo has handled it real well. I mean, it has to hurt.

CWR

Reaction score
Lee, hes the qb of the defense and the one healthy player I was begging for us to rest last week. The guy has been a monster this year.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It's speculation based on observation of how competitors with egos act. I don't doubt they're not close. They're civil; they're respectful. But Romo likely sees Dak as the man who stole his job and who is keeping him from possibly winning a Super Bowl as the Cowboys starting quarterback.

Well that wouldn't shock me. That's understandable to feel that way. He should have some resentment towards Jerry and Garrett IMO. Or his body lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Exactly.

The media seems to really want a Dak v Romo story. I have no idea why.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
David Irving. With Lawrence and Gregory likely done, we need a DE who can provide pressure.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Dak was joking with Romo as he came off the field. They might not be super close but I don't think they have any acrimony between them. Romo went through the exact same thing when he took Bledsoe's job so he knows how it works. I think Romo would take this offense to the next level but I understand why he didn't get his job back.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Lee would be a huge loss, but it just might be Frederick. The dropoff from him to Looney is pretty significant.

tecolote

Reaction score
This is a unique situation. In Every other super bowl contending team the answer would be automatic, the QB, I mean if Brady, Big Ben, Rodgers, Wilson, Ryan, etc got hurt they would be toast. Just look at the Raiders.

In the Cowboys there are probably 5 or 6 players in the offense alone that would hurt the Cowboys more if they got injured instead of Dak. And its certainly not because Dak is not important, he is incredible, it's just that we have an equaly incredible QB on the bench.

Reactions: Coy