News: DMN: Jerry Jones: Receivers were as open vs. Browns as I've seen since buying the Cowboys;

robbieruff

Reaction score
It is true that Dez still draws a ton of attention...that's not just spin on Jerry's part in my view...that said, I look forward to him returning to form and putting up double digit TDs this year...he can do it!!!

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Dez is a fantastic person," head coach Jason Garrett said Monday. "He's passionate about football. He's passionate about this team. He's a great team guy. So it's never been about, 'Hey, I've got to get my catches.' That's not what he's all about. Anybody who thinks that's what Dez Bryant is all about has no idea about what this guy is.

"He loves this football team. He works very hard to be his best for this football team. When he gets his chances, he does everything he can to take advantage of them."
It's always something, with Dez.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Maybe Jerry however on Witten TD catch that looks to be #83 that both the CB and safety double up on leaving Jason wide open for the TD. lol

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
"Dez is a fantastic person," head coach Jason Garrett said Monday. "He's passionate about football. He's passionate about this team. He's a great team guy. So it's never been about, 'Hey, I've got to get my catches.' That's not what he's all about. Anybody who thinks that's what Dez Bryant is all about has no idea about what this guy is.

"He loves this football team. He works very hard to be his best for this football team. When he gets his chances, he does everything he can to take advantage of them."
It's always something, with Dez.

And yet, at the same time, there really isn't. A conundrum that half the fanbase will never figure out, Idgit. :)

(Click to see bolded)

Reaction score
with Dak's mobility, the threat of Zeke and the plethora of receiving weapons, this is a ridiculously difficult offense to defend. I think the only way to attack it is constantly throwing blitzes and pressure

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jon Machota ‏@jonmachota 60m60 minutes ago
This play seems to work well. 88 and 11 line up together. Three defenders box in Dez, leaving Beasley wide open

CwwXSJLUUAIBRXM.jpg

CwwXSJLUkAIwreU.jpg

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
No doubt that Dez was held (in the end one) on the diving catch attempt.

That one was very obvious. The other could have been called or let go either way IMO.

But there's no doubt that having a healthy Dez has an impact.

The biggest problem right now is that Dak is still developing his touch. Dak misses some passes that are almost automatic for Romo (like fades to Dez in the red zone).

But those passes will come... Dak's mobility is the biggest thing he has over Romo & it's made a difference almost every week.

Having Dez will benefit Dak's development the way having TO (& Dez) helped Romo develop

plymkr

Reaction score
Yup especially that Beasley TD. 3 guys went after dez
Yeah, I rewatched that play several times and it was like anyone around Dez just followed Dez and Beasely was so wide open I was scared he'd drop it just because in the NFL you never get that easy of a catch. Dez was just as responsible for that TD as Beasely and Dak.

Daillest88

Reaction score
Yeah, I rewatched that play several times and it was like anyone around Dez just followed Dez and Beasely was so wide open I was scared he'd drop it just because in the NFL you never get that easy of a catch. Dez was just as responsible for that TD as Beasely and Dak.

yup. it looked way to easy on offense most of the day.