News: DMN: Jerry Jones: Receivers were as open vs. Browns as I've seen since buying the Cowboys;

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
it was still a mistake by the defense, maybe due to play design, but a better defense would have someone stay with cole.
I give credit more to the formation than dez as a decoy. but still Dez will draw attention.

Yup, they double and triple-teamed Dez. Opened up our Beas. TD. The rest is a change in your original narrative, so I'm ignoring it.

plasticman

Reaction score
Thank you, Jerry for your astute observation and brilliant anaysis. Tell you what, when we need to know when to draft the wrong QB in the 1st round or how to poisen a lockerroom with some psycho drug addled DE we'll get in touch with you.

Hoov

Reaction score
"Dez is a fantastic person," head coach Jason Garrett said Monday. "He's passionate about football. He's passionate about this team. He's a great team guy. So it's never been about, 'Hey, I've got to get my catches.' That's not what he's all about. Anybody who thinks that's what Dez Bryant is all about has no idea about what this guy is.

"He loves this football team. He works very hard to be his best for this football team. When he gets his chances, he does everything he can to take advantage of them."
It's always something, with Dez.
not sure if your being sarcastic. But...
I did read this piece as if Jerry is out there pumping him up a little to help with his ego and to help the players and coaching staff in deling with him.

I think a lot of the stuff Jerry says is to build up players confidence or to draw attention and some drama away from players and coaches so they don't have to deal with it in the media as much as they otherwise would.

Sometimes Jerry says things that sounds pretty silly - but he doesn't care. I think he would prefer to draw the media sharks toward himself and give his players and coaches a break.

Its also obvious he loves attention - but what I am stating here is another purpose for some of the comments he makes.

DFWJC

Reaction score
He's right.
I bet they have a way harder time completing passes in practice than in that game.
Bad defense, but also good game planning

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
It is true that Dez still draws a ton of attention...that's not just spin on Jerry's part in my view...that said, I look forward to him returning to form and putting up double digit TDs this year...he can do it!!!
If I recall right, Dez started off really slow in 2014 but was an absolute terror the last half of the year. I think teams are going to ease off of him because of the productivity of our other receivers. I expect Dez to have several multiple TD games from here on out.

Aven8

Reaction score
I love when he was complaining on the PI and Dak came over and said pipe down, or whatever!

robbieruff

Reaction score
If I recall right, Dez started off really slow in 2014 but was an absolute terror the last half of the year. I think teams are going to ease off of him because of the productivity of our other receivers. I expect Dez to have several multiple TD games from here on out.
totally agree...it is an ebb and flow...he will be 100% in the next couple of games (physically I mean) and that should make all the difference...very good point that the establishing of our other weapons (esp. Cole) will work to get him even more single coverage. He will start to eat that up as he's always done.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thank you, Jerry for your astute observation and brilliant anaysis. Tell you what, when we need to know when to draft the wrong QB in the 1st round or how to poisen a lockerroom with some psycho drug addled DE we'll get in touch with you.
Hey! Settle down, he's a Hall of Famer. Lol just kidding.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Dak misses some passes that are almost automatic for Romo (like fades to Dez in the red zone).

I agree that Dak has missed some touch throws and needs to work on his deep accuracy.

But.

I never thought I'd see the day people said fade passes are almost automatic for Romo. I've always felt it was one of his worst throws.

He's made up for that by getting better at the back shoulder throw, but I can't even count the number of terrible fade passes I've seen Romo throw. One of the reasons Martellus didn't work out here was because the fades to him from Romo were almost always terrible.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
it was still a mistake by the defense, maybe due to play design, but a better defense would have someone stay with cole.
I give credit more to the formation than dez as a decoy. but still Dez will draw attention.

The safety was supposed to peel off, but even if he had, I don't think he could have gotten there ... although Dak would have probably had to put a little more on the pass.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I agree that Dak has missed some touch throws and needs to work on his deep accuracy.

But.

I never thought I'd see the day people said fade passes are almost automatic for Romo. I've always felt it was one of his worst throws.

He's made up for that by getting better at the back shoulder throw, but I can't even count the number of terrible fade passes I've seen Romo throw. One of the reasons Martellus didn't work out here was because the fades to him from Romo were almost always terrible.

Yes, he's never been real good with the fade. He liked to go back-shoulder and was better at that than Dak is right now ... but that should be expected.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
I think I could've caught a ball or two, too. And I can't outrun a toddler. lol
Nobody can out run a toddler.....they wake up, hit the ground running. The rest of the day is playing catch-up. I'd rather take on Usain Bolt........ :)