DMN: Justin Tuck Wishes Cowboys Were Better

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Giants DE Justin Tuck wishes Cowboys were better
9:05 AM Tue, Oct 28, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

DE Justin Tuck, who has emerged as the best player on the Giants' defense, made a big deal this summer about the defending Super Bowl champs' supposed underdog role. He loved the fact that the Cowboys were considered the NFC favorite and getting all kinds of attention.

So Tuck is a bit disappointed that Dallas will limp into New Jersey with a 5-3 record and several Pro Bowlers on the injured list.

"When you are a competitor like everybody on this football team, you want to play the best," Tuck said, per New York Daily News columnist Gary Myers. "I can honestly say I wish they were coming here undefeated."

Oh, and the Giants don't want to hear any whining about all the Cowboys' injuries after Sunday's butt kicking.

"Everybody wants to beat everybody at their best. We don't want to have excuses like 'Romo is not playing, we didn't have this guy, we didn't have that guy,'" Tuck said. "We don't want excuses like that. But it won't change our approach. We are still going to go in there and try to sack whoever is back there."

If you click the link to read Myers' column, you'll see that he suggests Jerry Jones play quarterback. That's ridiculous. Everybody knows that Jerry's a receiver these days.

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
I wouldn't expect him (or any of our players if the situation was reversed) to say any different

aikemirv

Reaction score
If they put 8 in the box and bring pressure every play the I don't care how bad Johnson is I throw deep at least once every series. Steelers showed they can get beat deep pretty easily.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
aikemirv;2380289 said:
If they put 8 in the box and bring pressure every play the I don't care how bad Johnson is I throw deep at least once every series. Steelers showed they can get beat deep pretty easily.

Butler looked COMPLETELY lost on that bomb to Nate Washington :laugh2:

aikemirv

Reaction score
ajk23az;2380295 said:
Butler looked COMPLETELY lost on that bomb to Nate Washington :laugh2:

Yeah, and I don't know who was covering him on the one that was called back.

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
aikemirv;2380289 said:

Anyone who wants to go one on one with Roy Williams with no Safety help up top should be a no brainer for us to throw a jump ball. This is what Minesota did with Randy Moss and even in tight man coverage he always came our the Victor. Roy Williams although is 6'3 plays like he's 6'6 their isn't a a corner who could jump with him.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
i guarantee if Eli, Ward, half their secondary, their punter, their starting all-pro TE was playing with bruised ribs and a messed up shoulder, and they lost.....the Giants would make excuses. I am sure Tuck would.

To say that there isn't a significant difference between AARPson and Romo would be completely foolish.....IMO, this is the only injury that would make me use excuses.....

But any excuses can be averted if the Cowboys simply nut up and make the Giants shut up. Also, what kind of blow would that be for the psyche of the Champs if a limping, injured, and struggling Cowboys team went into their house and beat them?

I am not very confident about this game, cause of AARPson......but if our D plays as good as they did against TB, then we have a chance at least.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh, and the Giants don't want to hear any whining about all the Cowboys' injuries after Sunday's butt kicking.

A bit presumptuous don't you think there, Tim McMahon?

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
PaulH1083;2380279 said:
I honestly see nothing wrong with what he said.

That's cuz there wasn't anything wrong with what he said.

JPM

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2380315 said:
A bit presumptuous don't you think there, Tim McMahon?
I really love that noone is giving us a chance on Sunday.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Biggems;2380310 said:
But any excuses can be averted if the Cowboys simply nut up and make the Giants shut up.
ESPN would be in panic mode.

My God...the Cowboys are back!!!

jcollins28

Reaction score
BigDinAZ;2380274 said:
Talking like a Rookie

More like talking like a Giant. Do those guys ever shut their mouths? Even back in Jimmy's days here with the walk the walk talk the talk line. I do not recall those Cowboy teams talking so much trash. You stay classy New York.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
JPM;2380405 said:
I really love that noone is giving us a chance on Sunday.

So do I. I even detect a little overconfidence in Tuck's statements... Almost like Romo's "wouldn't want to fast-forward to the playoffs" comment.