DMN: Justin Tuck Wishes Cowboys Were Better

Reaction score
ajk23az;2380238 said:
Giants DE Justin Tuck wishes Cowboys were better
9:05 AM Tue, Oct 28, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

DE Justin Tuck, who has emerged as the best player on the Giants' defense, made a big deal this summer about the defending Super Bowl champs' supposed underdog role. He loved the fact that the Cowboys were considered the NFC favorite and getting all kinds of attention.

So Tuck is a bit disappointed that Dallas will limp into New Jersey with a 5-3 record and several Pro Bowlers on the injured list.

"When you are a competitor like everybody on this football team, you want to play the best," Tuck said, per New York Daily News columnist Gary Myers. "I can honestly say I wish they were coming here undefeated."

Oh, and the Giants don't want to hear any whining about all the Cowboys' injuries after Sunday's butt kicking.

"Everybody wants to beat everybody at their best. We don't want to have excuses like 'Romo is not playing, we didn't have this guy, we didn't have that guy,'" Tuck said. "We don't want excuses like that. But it won't change our approach. We are still going to go in there and try to sack whoever is back there."

If you click the link to read Myers' column, you'll see that he suggests Jerry Jones play quarterback. That's ridiculous. Everybody knows that Jerry's a receiver these days.

No big deal!

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
ajk23az;2380238 said:
"I can honestly say I wish they were coming here undefeated."

Its not a big deal but dont make like he isnt saying something with that comment....

BehindEnemyLinez

Optimist Prime
Reaction score
:dissgint: The Giants are quickly surpassing Philthy as my 2nd least favorite NFCE team (WSH will always be first b/c I'm in their backyard)!!! Man I hope we tear them a new one this Sunday!!:dissgint:

QT

Reaction score
Im sorry, it's not gonna be until Romo gets back. Brad Johnson is not going to cut it....

Deep_South

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm sure that Tuck and the rest of the Giants would be jumping for joy if they found out that Romo was starting on Sunday. :rolleyes:

ddh33

Reaction score
I think the Cowboys and Giants will see each other three times this year, so the Giants should get a better look a little later.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Guess what, Tuck, the Cowboys are better than this. Just a little banged up right now. Make that a lot banged up.

hutru01

Reaction score
If the Cowboys can keep this game close, not matter what the outcome (W or L), I would consider it a win from a morale standpoint. Its pretty obvious we aren't the same team on either side of the ball right now. It taken an idiot who knows nothing about football to realize that.

lcharles

Negativity King
Reaction score
Who does Justin Tuck think he is?? Micheal Strahan??

G-men must go down in upset of the year.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
over/under on number of plays in the game before brandon jacobs attempts to start a fight and then backs down and goes back to the huddle.

I say 5 and take the under.

the guy is the biggest trash talker and is always starting trouble, yet he is loved by the national media.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
ajk23az;2380238 said:
Giants DE Justin Tuck wishes Cowboys were better
9:05 AM Tue, Oct 28, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

Everybody knows that Jerry's a receiver these days.

If I was Jerry I'd punch that dude's lights out..:draw:

mmohican29

Reaction score
The Giants were handed the NFC title game. WE'RE the better football team. Period. We're just hurt. D- this one is on you. PLEASE be ready.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
mmohican29;2380686 said:
The Giants were handed the NFC title game. WE'RE the better football team. Period. We're just hurt. D- this one is on you. PLEASE be ready.

actually we are not the better team, but that doesnt mean when the season is over we cant beat them if we got a shot in their building.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Tenkamenin;2380308 said:
Anyone who wants to go one on one with Roy Williams with no Safety help up top should be a no brainer for us to throw a jump ball. This is what Minesota did with Randy Moss and even in tight man coverage he always came our the Victor. Roy Williams although is 6'3 plays like he's 6'6 their isn't a a corner who could jump with him.
No way in hell they will double both TO and Williams, so to me it either goes to one side or the other on every play. If they double team the two of them, I will put Witten and Bennett in, play 2 TE set and go to either Witten or Bennett if both Williams and Owens are covered.

Not that hard Garrett. ;)

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Clove;2380721 said:
No way in hell they will double both TO and Williams, so to me it either goes to one side or the other on every play. If they double team the two of them, I will put Witten and Bennett in, play 2 TE set and go to either Witten or Bennett if both Williams and Owens are covered.

Not that hard Garrett. ;)
What if Witten doesn't play, though? :(

In that case I bet they do try to double both sides of the field. I'd just say time to grow up Martellus, we're coming to you early and often.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
"I wish the Cowboys were healthy, but they can't use injuries as an excuse why they lost"

what the...