News: DMN: Machota: My ceiling for number of sacks by Dallas' D in 2016

sbark

Reaction score
I see a lot more potential to disrupt from the middle----and that is going to make those at DE job a lot easier. We do have guys that can get off the line at DE in Irving and Mayoua (sp), and Tapper learning on the go. If we can consistently push the center back into the QB's face we will be better in sacks...........and in turnovers. And the middle of our DLine is healthy and improved.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well if our two DEs weren't idiots I'd say they flirt with 40 but as it stands now getting to the low 30s would be an achievement.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
...Just tired of being a joke of a franchise and want to be known for good things like the 90's. Don't have to win tons of rings but can we stop being a joke for other nfl fans nd actually be decent for a few seasons in a row?

It's all perspective, dude. I never seem to get into conversations about supporting a 'joke of a franchise.' I can't even imagine letting it happen, frankly, as a Cowboys fan. We've had nothing to be necessarily ashamed of for years, and overall have one of the most storied histories in the entire league.

What I'm tired of is our own fans rolling over and playing dead every chance they get. It makes me wonder how some of you would survive if the team really were a bottom feeder for any extended period of time.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
It's all perspective, dude. I never seem to get into conversations about supporting a 'joke of a franchise.' I can't even imagine letting it happen, frankly, as a Cowboys fan. We've had nothing to be necessarily ashamed of for years, and overall have one of the most storied histories in the entire league.

What I'm tired of is our own fans rolling over and playing dead every chance they get. It makes me wonder how some of you would survive if the team really were a bottom feeder for any extended period of time.

Not being contender's almost the whole time we've had a qd like romo is plenty to be ashamed of.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not being contender's almost the whole time we've had a qd like romo is plenty to be ashamed of.

It's not really. There are a lot of teams a lot worse off in the league if you look around.

Plus, we've had a couple of contending seasons with Romo: 2007, 2009, 2014. Not to mention being in the division run every season he's been healthy. It's really not been that bad.

Cue the chorus that's going to pretend I'm saying I'm satisfied with that level of 'success.' I'm not. I just would rather we call it what it is: not good enough. Instead of calling it what we like to call it when we're feeling sorry for ourselves: a joke, or a laughingstock or a dumpster fire.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Well if our two DEs weren't idiots I'd say they flirt with 40 but as it stands now getting to the low 30s would be an achievement.

32 + freeney = 40 sacks. Alas, the defensively talented Bengals found a place for the old man freeney whereas the Cowboys felt no need to bolster our weakest link- the d line.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
32 + freeney = 40 sacks. Alas, the defensively talented Bengals found a place for the old man freeney whereas the Cowboys felt no need to bolster our weakest link- the d line.

Actually, Freeney is still available.

The Bucs could have interest in free agent Dwight Freeney.
Freeney had some of his best years playing in a Tampa-2 scheme. The Bucs don’t need a sub-package rusher after adding second-rounder Noah Spence, but could find him snaps. Freeney’s market has been quiet since post-draft visits with Atlanta and Cincy. The Cardinals haven’t ruled out bringing him back. Jul 2 - 4:15 PM
Source: buccaneers.com

Although I wouldn't get my hopes up about the Cowboys taking a look at him, unfortunately.

:(

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Have we really improved that much on dline? Bunch of question marks all over the place with a dash of suspensions

Yeah, I don't get it. Thornton is a huge upgrade, but outside of that, I don't see it. I don't expect a big impact from middle to late round draft picks, especially ones with foot injuries, and a guy on his third team in 3 years in Mayowa.

2-3 playoff wins in 20 years is a big joke.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, I don't get it. Thornton is a huge upgrade, but outside of that, I don't see it. I don't expect a big impact from middle to late round draft picks, especially ones with foot injuries, and a guy on his third team in 3 years in Mayowa.

That's what so many want to avoid talking about.

2-3 playoff wins in 20 years is a big joke.

For a team that was once one of the crown jewel, cornerstone franchises in the NFL, it is. But some would rather just lower their own standards so that this team can still measure up.

HoosierCowboy

Put Pearson in the HOF
Reaction score
The biggest improvement for the pass rush is the offense--if we can score 30+ points and have some double digit leads, we can load up the pass rush. Hard to get sacks when the other team is running out the clock.