DMN: Marion Barber 'a little more doubtful' to play in Pittsburgh

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Marion Barber 'a little more doubtful' to play in Pittsburgh

3:53 PM Thu, Dec 04, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

OLB DeMarcus Ware (hyperextended left knee) did almost everything at today's practice without a problem. The news about RB Marion Barber isn't as good.

Barber's dislocated right pinkie toe hasn't recovered as well as anticipated. He stayed off his feet during today's practice, with the hope that rest instead of rehab would help get him ready to go Sunday in Pittsburgh.

"We were assuming that Marion would play, but it's a little more doubtful right now," Phillips said. "We'll see tomorrow."

Barber's status probably won't be known until hours before kickoff. The Cowboys will probably promote RB Alonzo Coleman from the practice squad to provide some depth, even though Phillips didn't exactly rave about the back earlier this week.

Saints snatch LB off Cowboys' practice squad

4:04 PM Thu, Dec 04, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

LB Tearrius George said his good-byes at Valley Ranch today. The Saints signed him off the Cowboys' practice squad.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Gee...the team doctors may have missed another early prognosis? Color me shocked.

Sean Peyton loves our linebackers....9 months till the inevitable bellyaching about losing George after he makes a play in the preseason.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
tomson75;2461213 said:
Sean Peyton loves our linebackers....9 months till the inevitable bellyaching about losing George after he makes a play in the preseason.

Probably just because they lost their DEs to that suspension... Not worried about Curious George leaving at all.

You're right about the bellyaching, though.

reddyuta

Reaction score
without barber we are screwed and i am a little scared for romo.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I was intrigued with the George. He's obviously got something.

I was worried about MB not making it this week. I hate to have to call Coleman up. Can he go right back to the PS?

cowboys2233

Reaction score
ajk23az;2461211 said:
Marion Barber 'a little more doubtful' to play in Pittsburgh

Barber's dislocated right pinkie toe hasn't recovered as well as anticipated. He stayed off his feet during today's practice, with the hope that rest instead of rehab would help get him ready to go Sunday in Pittsburgh.

I just don't understand this at all. What does "recovery" mean? The thing was dislocated, it is back in place now, isn't it? Does this mean the joint is still loose -- can they even know that?

Because if this is just a pain issue, there are drugs for that. Shoot that little piggy up with so much Demerol that it doesn't squeal for a week! :laugh2:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ajk23az;2461211 said:
OLB DeMarcus Ware (hyperextended left knee) did almost everything at today's practice without a problem.
At least there is some good news.

I hate that MBIII isn't progressing as nicely.

CoCo

Reaction score
cowboys2233;2461229 said:
I just don't understand this at all. What does "recovery" mean? The thing was dislocated, it is back in place now, isn't it? Does this mean the joint is still loose -- can they even know that?

Because if this is just a pain issue, there are drugs for that. Shoot that little piggy up with so much Demerol that it doesn't squeal for a week! :laugh2:

You know how pampered Barber is though. Always looking for the soft ride.

/sarcasm off

tyke1doe

Reaction score
cowboys2233;2461229 said:

Having a dislocated shoulder previously in life, I would assume that it stands to pop out if it is fully healed properly. You don't think about the toes until you have a hurt one. But even with pain killers, it would be difficult to run if one of your digits isn't in line properly.

The pinkie toe is very important. Just ask Kramer. ;)

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Cowboys are going to need MB especially with the weather the way it will be. Hopefully they are just pulling a Portis.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
tyke1doe;2461261 said:
Having a dislocated shoulder previously in life, I would assume that it stands to pop out if it is fully healed properly. You don't think about the toes until you have a hurt one. But even with pain killers, it would be difficult to run if one of your digits isn't in line properly.

The pinkie toe is very important. Just ask Kramer. ;)

I have dislocated my shoulder too. And I have had turf toe (on the big one), it sucked like the dickens. But that's why I asked if they thought the joint was still loose and if there was a way of even determining that. Yes, there probably is a greater chance that it could pop out -- but that doesn't explain their suggestion that it hasn't come along as well as anticipated. Can you do an MRI on a little piggy and see if it's still loose?

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Walker;2461263 said:
Cowboys are going to need MB especially with the weather the way it will be. Hopefully they are just pulling a Portis.

All of this covert stuff about this person is injured or not injured is getting really old -- just tell the *****' truth and be done with it. The game is won on the field -- I highly doubt keeping his playing ability a secret is going to have much impact on the outcome of the game. ********.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I'm surprised about the Saints nabbing George. He isn't really a 4-3 type of LB. Weakside DE, yeah... but OLB? I didn't think so.

Boysboy

Reaction score
cowboys2233;2461271 said:
All of this covert stuff about this person is injured or not injured is getting really old -- just tell the *****' truth and be done with it. The game is won on the field -- I highly doubt keeping his playing ability a secret is going to have much impact on the outcome of the game. ********.

It's called keeping your opponent guessing. Coaches do it all the time where they would act like their injured players would be OK next week, but, en yet, it turns out their injuries were bad enough to keep them out. Remember the Packers did this with Charles Woodson before our game last year?

Parcells did it all the time as well, as did Jimmy J.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
cowboys2233;2461271 said:

$10 says you have him in your FFL and don't have a capable backup and now you might not get into the playoffs if MB3 doesn't play. :cool: :laugh2:

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
AsthmaField;2461277 said:
I'm surprised about the Saints nabbing George. He isn't really a 4-3 type of LB. Weakside DE, yeah... but OLB? I didn't think so.

I'm sure he'll play end for them.

At least for a week or two until he gets cut. ;)

cowboys2233

Reaction score
ajk23az;2461288 said:
$10 says you have him in your FFL and don't have a capable backup and now you might not get into the playoffs if MB3 doesn't play. :cool: :laugh2:

Nope, I made it in as the 6th seed! It was actually kind of miraculous -- two other players had to lose and I had to beat the #1 seed. He had guys like Deangelo Williams (and MBIII) on his team and scored BIG...

...but I had the likes of Westbrook, Chris Johnson and Steve Slaton on my team and went BIGGER. And now they're all going to pay for their insolence. :laugh2: