DMN: Marion Barber 'a little more doubtful' to play in Pittsburgh

tunahelper

Reaction score
Come on Barber needs to play through the pain! Its a little freakin toe here..

Dcz84

Reaction score
Got this from espn and what they think will happen.

Halfback Marion Barber dislocated the little toe in his right foot. While that would appear to be a more serious injury, there is a good chance Barber won't miss any playing time. The MRI revealed no fracture, so the toe could be re-aligned. Trainers can then tape the little toe to the next toe and then protect it with a steel-toed shoe. If the pain is too much, it could be injected, but Barber's chances of playing against the Steelers are good as long as he doesn't have trouble running in the specialized shoe.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Haven't we learned by now that Wade has no clue what he's talking about when it comes to the injuries with this team.

When Sunday rolls around MBIII will be suited up.

juck

Reaction score
I expect they are pulling a portis.if not we may be in trouble protection wise and run wise,we do need MBIII in this one.i wanna see him in the secondary and plowover that Clark dude.

Boysboy

Reaction score
juckie;2461459 said:
I expect they are pulling a portis.if not we may be in trouble protection wise and run wise,we do need MBIII in this one.i wanna see him in the secondary and plowover that Clark dude.

Wade isn't Parcells or Belicheat-as we all know him, he's this honest, down to earth, "awe shucks" kind of guy.

I like his personality, but at the same time, with Wade...what you see is what you get. So if he says he doesn't think MB3 won't play(or his tone says so which is easy to detect), then bank on it.

leeblair

Reaction score
I kinda would like Choice to get all of the carries anyway.

Barber hasn't been running well at all, averaging less than 3.2 yards per carry in 8 games out of 12 this season.

If Choice has the fresh legs, let him run. We certainly can't afford for the running game to be dead in Pittsburgh.

I actually was thrilled at the way he ran, and think that he could provide a much needed spark to the running game.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2461303 said:
I'm sure he'll play end for them.

At least for a week or two until he gets cut. ;)

That's right... I forgot about their suspensions creating a need at DE.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
cmon marion...do a ronnie lott and get back out there baby.

just playing...tashard is going to get off or get killed ....one or the other.

the steelers are not the defense to be babtized by fire though....or is it?

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Boysboy;2461463 said:
Wade isn't Parcells or Belicheat-as we all know him, he's this honest, down to earth, "awe shucks" kind of guy.

I like his personality, but at the same time, with Wade...what you see is what you get. So if he says he doesn't think MB3 won't play(or his tone says so which is easy to detect), then bank on it.

So then why didn't Newman come back on time? Why did Romo miss four weeks when Wade said he may play the next week? Why didn't Felix come back on that Monday after the Bye week?

We listened to him talk about Terry Glenn for 17 weeks last season.

And we never got 'Terry Glenn' back.

Wade has no clue.

Boysboy

Reaction score
dcfanatic;2461547 said:
So then why didn't Newman come back on time? Why did Romo miss four weeks when Wade said he may play the next week? Why didn't Felix come back on that Monday after the Bye week?

We listened to him talk about Terry Glenn for 17 weeks last season.

And we never got 'Terry Glenn' back.

Wade has no clue.

I wasn't clear in my post-I said you can EASILY tell from his TONE and DEMEANOR(if he's telling the truth, lying, or whatever).

If anything, he would NEVER qualify for an Academy Award with his lousy performances b/c his good-natured boy self never makes him a good liar.

With Parcells, he knew how to play and manipulate everyone effectively.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
lane;2461505 said:
cmon marion...do a ronnie lott and get back out there baby.

just playing...tashard is going to get off or get killed ....one or the other.

the steelers are not the defense to be babtized by fire though....or is it?

Good evening lane! Not to worry, I think he'll be out there. No way he misses this game.

Nexx

Reaction score
ajk23az;2461211 said:

Saints snatch LB off Cowboys' practice squad

4:04 PM Thu, Dec 04, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

LB Tearrius George said his good-byes at Valley Ranch today. The Saints signed him off the Cowboys' practice squad.

Saints and TG = Championship!

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Ah, comeon. Wade is a coach. Not a trainer or a doctor. He gets some input and tells us what he hears. He's not knee deep in a player's rehab. At least I hope not.

To blame Wade for not being able to predict a player's return is just not reasonable. Felix Jones sustained a separate injury rehabbing which put him out for the year. How in the heck could he have predicted that. And Wade is not going to tell teams someone is not playing if he wants them to prepare for his speed and waste time preparing.

Some of you are so quick to blame with little to no evidence to back it up.

juck

Reaction score
jobberone;2461573 said:
Ah, comeon. Wade is a coach. Not a trainer or a doctor. He gets some input and tells us what he hears. He's not knee deep in a player's rehab. At least I hope not.

To blame Wade for not being able to predict a player's return is just not reasonable. Felix Jones sustained a separate injury rehabbing which put him out for the year. How in the heck could he have predicted that. And Wade is not going to tell teams someone is not playing if he wants them to prepare for his speed and waste time preparing.

Some of you are so quick to blame with little to no evidence to back it up.

Jobberone do u think MBIII will play?

Mansta54

Reaction score
MB3 will be there and ready to roll. Those cats live to play in BIG games like this one. He'll be there!!!!!!

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
juckie;2461617 said:
Jobberone do u think MBIII will play?

There's no way to know. I said his injury was the one that worried me the most based on the day after tests and more how they were doing.

The reports he's off his feet is disconcerting. It will likely be a game time decision. I'm more pessimistic than the other.

We'll know if they call Coleman up just how bad it is.