DMN: Marion Barber 'a little more doubtful' to play in Pittsburgh

Mansta54

Reaction score
jobberone;2461639 said:
There's no way to know. I said his injury was the one that worried me the most based on the day after tests and more how they were doing.

The reports he's off his feet is disconcerting. It will likely be a game time decision. I'm more pessimistic than the other.

We'll know if they call Coleman up just how bad it is.

I think this is gonna happen regardless....

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Mansta54;2461645 said:
I think this is gonna happen regardless....

I don't think they want to use the roster spot. They don't want to have to release anyone IMO.

Section446

Reaction score
I hope that Wade is just playing mind games ala Bill Belichick.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I don't think we'll have success running against Pitt regardless of who plays...we're going to be passing, and so are they.

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
What is the benefit of having MB3 back there? Now hear me out.. What is it? An extra 20 yards? And extra first down? Pitt kills running backs so I think we are going to have trouble whether we have Choice or Barber back there. I would definitely prefer a healthy Barber but I also would prefer not to pull a Portis where we don't let him get healthy. If Pitt were 10th against the run, I would say put in a hurting Barber. But they are 1st against the run and do it in a dominating fashion.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Blocking the Pittsburgh blitzes on passing downs. In other words, keeping Tony from getting killed. Tough for a rookie.

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
Good point, but there are ways around that. He will miss a key block or two and that will be important... but not a reason to risk further injury to Barber IMO. If he needs another weeks rest to put it behind him he should take it. There is no right way to play it unless you win, though.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I agree we shouldn't play Barber if he just can't be effective, but "missing a key block or two" could very easily result in Brad Johnson being back in the saddle. That would be any Cowboy fan's worst nightmare. If Marion can play and be effective, he should play. If not, we'll just have to take our chances and maybe use a lot of two tight end sets.

djmajestik

Reaction score
cowboys2233;2461271 said:
All of this covert stuff about this person is injured or not injured is getting really old -- just tell the *****' truth and be done with it. The game is won on the field -- I highly doubt keeping his playing ability a secret is going to have much impact on the outcome of the game. ********.

Leverage EVERY advantage possible that is given to you, even if it seems so miniscule as not to make a difference. You just never know how it will factor in.

Ever play Poker?

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
bigE79;2461214 said:
sounds like we are pulling a portis:D

I was just thinking the same thing. Would certainly be a way to throw off their game plan leading into this game.

I fully expect MBIII to play. Maybe even see one of the most gut-wrenching performances of the 2008 season, too.

Boysboy

Reaction score
wayne motley;2461954 said:
I don't think we'll have success running against Pitt regardless of who plays...we're going to be passing, and so are they.

Yep-even the Colts, who are usually patient with the run, abandoned it when they played Pitt. Guess what-they won.