News: DMN: Moore: Cowboys will sign a player or two by Thursday

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Yeah, I like him for us, too. I would have been slightly happier with Carroll, but either one helps us out.

OScan, Mo, Hall works and at the right money.
Same with Carroll plugged in as nickel.

Hall is a really good fit imho because he is such a good tackler. Replaces a lot of what Carr gave you in toughness.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Leon Hall would be a solid signing.

Won't hide the fact that this Front Office has had a very bad off-season so far.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I didn't see any quotes from anyone from the organization which would indicate they are panicking.

Really do not see any comments at all. Pretty odd, because usually either Jerry or Stephen Jones have plenty to say and are quite visible most of the time.

To be honest, I cannot say I have seen the Joneses or Garrett make much of a public showing since the Combine.

Meanwhile, you see GMs and head coaches from other teams all over the country at Pro Days. The highest profile member of the organization I have heard about on the draft circuit is Ciskowski, who just showed up at Baylor's Pro Day.

They all must be just be holed up somewhere, pouring over free agent options and college tape.

Everson24

Reaction score
I would sign him to play safety. He is smart and instinctive. His prior injuries would not be as noticeable at safety.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is that because of their ages? That looks like Carrolls plus. Hall has been the better cb.

Yeah, it's age. And Hall's play dipped a bit after the achilles. But I still like both guys for us. Hall would be a good fit in terms of leadership, too.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Really do not see any comments at all. Pretty odd, because usually either Jerry or Stephen Jones have plenty to say and are quite visible most of the time.

To be honest, I cannot say I have seen the Joneses or Garrett make much of a public showing since the Combine.

Meanwhile, you see GMs and head coaches from other teams all over the country at Pro Days. The highest profile member of the organization I have heard about on the draft circuit is Ciskowski, who just showed up at Baylor's Pro Day.

They all must be just be holed up somewhere, pouring over free agent options and college tape.

Right. No diarrhea of the mouth this year. Bosa is now too obvious of a pick, which makes me think he is not going to be it. I think Tyron Smith was the last guy "predicted" by most media to be the Cowboys pick and it actually happened.

silver

Reaction score
Seems to me we overplayed the frugality card and now there's hardly anything out there other than the ones nobody wants like the Manziels, RGIII's and Hardy's of the NFL. Either that or we had no strategy at all and the other teams ate our lunch.