News: DMN: Mosley: Myles Jack could be one of safest picks Cowboys could make; I don't view him as...

Junglist

Reaction score
When looking at players that can transform our team a inside pass rusher like Rankins have to be considered. I personally prefer a trade down if we can stay in top 10 and gain an extra 2nd rounder.

Me too. It'd be awesome if a team was desperate for a QB and we could get a 1st. I'd jump on that.

sideon

Reaction score
I see people are forming their own biased opinion of Jack, the guy is a freak athlete and was on his way before the knee injury.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
As for Bosa, unless he is the next Demarcus Ware, or Von Miller, #4 is too high. From what I have read, he's not a 12-14 a year sack type guy. Solid, but not a game changer.

After being suspended for pot can't see the Cowboys touching Bosa with the situation they're going through with Gregory.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Jack at 4 is a big time risk and could be a bust considering his injury history.

btcutter

Reaction score
I wonder if teams might look at Bosa and project him 20 lbs heavier playing inside. Adding around 7 lbs per year over his first three years is not difficult to imagine. He's not all legs and is built more like a DT than David Irving. LDE is hard to justify at 4, but if he were viewed as a genuinely disruptive interior rusher with length like Hatcher or Calais Campbell, that's an argument I can see.

I'm on the Jack Wagon™ or trade down. I like the film on Spence the most out of any prospect, but it's all about the background check and interviews with him. Definitely not in the Safe Pick category.

Not saying Bosa should be the #4 pick but I wouldn't say LDE isn't worth #4 pick. Watts would probably project at LDE if playing 4-3. What about Strahan? I take him at #4 along with 31 teams.

manster4ever

Reaction score
Jack's knee and Bosa's drug issue makes them safe picks?

BINGO....great post. Spence has had multiple drug suspensions btw. People on this board have fallen in love with a guy that got booted off O$U's team for drug use.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Me too. It'd be awesome if a team was desperate for a QB and we could get a 1st. I'd jump on that.

Trade down and get an extra pick in that lots of meat on the bone 2nd round. Thats the best scenario unless they love a QB at 4.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
As much as I don't like it, it feels more and more like Ramsey will be the pick. Unless we can trade down

tm1119

Reaction score
So we're eliminating all players who have gotten injured and/or did drugs in college now? How many are left on our board? Like 50 guys for all 7 rounds?

silver

Reaction score
So we're eliminating all players who have gotten injured and/or did drugs in college now? How many are left on our board? Like 50 guys for all 7 rounds?

Would you trade for say Dante Fowler? He went third overall last year before blowing up his knee. How bout Jadeveon Clowney?

tm1119

Reaction score
Would you trade for say Dante Fowler? He went third overall last year before blowing up his knee. How bout Jadeveon Clowney?

I don't get what you're asking...where the Jags and Texans supposed to have a crystal ball and know that was going to happen?

But to answer your question, yes, yes I would. ACL is not a career ender. I'd love to have Fowler rushing off the edge for us going forward.

silver

Reaction score
I don't get what you're asking...where the Jags and Texans supposed to have a crystal ball and know that was going to happen?

But to answer your question, yes, yes I would. ACL is not a career ender. I'd love to have Fowler rushing off the edge for us going forward.

You wouldnt trade the 4th pick overall for either one of them though. It's not wether they can come back or not but how much their values can drop after tearing up a knee.

tm1119

Reaction score
You wouldnt trade the 4th pick overall for either one of them though. It's not wether they can come back or not but how much their values can drop after tearing up a knee.

Ok but who tore their ACL that anybody is considering in the top 5? I can't think of 1.