News: DMN: National writer: Cowboys could be 'great fit' for DE Robert Nkemdiche if he falls to pick...

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think I'd touch Nkemdiche until the third round, if I'd have interest in him at all. Though I have to admit I'm tempted by these talented-but-troubled DLs.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
You see the talent....It's obvious.

But when you see his overall stats throughout college....Wow :omg: Somethings not right. Where is the production?

81 tackles (41 solo) over 3 years.....6 sacks total.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/robert-nkemdiche-1.html?mobile=true#defense::none

Remember watching him vs Boise St in 2014...and we couldn't block him. So to see these stats....is shocking. Maybe he was fresh to start the season and he wears down quickly??:huh:

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Man I hope not. Nothing about this kid speaks to a guy that will all of the sudden "turn it on" when they hand him a load of money.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I was wondering about this. At #34, his talent at the position he plays is awfully tempting.....AND at a position where talent is needed. But the whole Gregory situation probably kills that possibility.

Plankton

Reaction score
At some point, you have to produce to be a great player.

We're still waiting to see this from Robert Nkemdiche.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Two moves down in the first round, and please sign me up for this defensive tackle.

CCBoy

Reaction score
No, not in the first round.

I think that the Cowboys go for quarterback at the top, or start to move downward. Near the bottom of 1 or the top of 2, I like how he would fit in Marinelli's defense. With Leon Lett and other Veterans of Cowboy past around, he would learn team.

RS12

Reaction score
The workout at Ole Miss is underway.

Robert Nkemdiche is planning on completing the entire workout and hopes to improve on his Combine numbers and run the 40 in the 4.6s.

Nkemdiche has dinner with the Dallas Cowboys last night and he will make an official visit to the team's facilities before the draft. I'm told he has 14 official visits on his calendar right now, including the San Francisco 49ers, San Diego Chargers, Oakland Raiders, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Chicago Bears.
Read more at http://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/proday.php#iFlq67CjoVdDyqjT.99

RS12

Reaction score
I have long believed he will be the pick at 34 and that he will be out of the league in 4 years.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have long believed he will be the pick at 34 and that he will be out of the league in 4 years.

We're going to have a lot of good options on the board at 34. This isn't like Gregory where he was potentially a top-10 talent in the draft and available in the 60's.

RS12

Reaction score
We're going to have a lot of good options on the board at 34. This isn't like Gregory where he was potentially a top-10 talent in the draft and available in the 60's.

Nkemdiche is far more physically gifted than Gregory. He is a top 5 talent with a 10 cent head. He is 300 pounder who moves like a guy 100 pounds lighter.

CCBoy

Reaction score
RS12, you're a definite asset to have about...thanks.

As to expectation, hook the projected 'rook' up with Calvin Hill and his crew, and then monitor without League interventions.

Sign this fan up on talent alone...as long as he understands football, and keep the wolf from his front door...bet!

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nkemdiche is far more physically gifted than Gregory. He is a top 5 talent with a 10 cent head. He is 300 pounder who moves like a guy 100 pounds lighter.

More physically gifted, a lot less productive. We'll see, soon enough, but there's a big difference between taking a flier on a talented player at 34 and taking one at 60. Especially now that we're struggling with the guy we took last season at 60.

btcutter

Reaction score
Sure, I consider taking a flyer on him in the third round depending on who else is on the draft board. But I am sure not going to spend my 2nd rounder on an underachiever who have red flags.