News: DMN: Report: Cowboys worked out OU receiver Sterling Shepard

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
He does have some santana moss in his game, which is encouraging if he is on your team, but discouraging if he is on your opponents.

JPostSam

Reaction score
his father's cowboys connection makes him even more intriguing.

and the dude is super motivated.

we have bigger needs, but this is a promising player.

Gaede

Reaction score
One of my pet cats.

Good to know we're interested. I assumed the team would ignore him due to height

JPostSam

Reaction score

he wants desperately to walk in his father's footsteps, to accomplish things his father accomplished and supersede them. the cowboys were the highlight of his father's nfl career, for what it's worth, and the reason that he grew up in texas. he would see playing for dallas as something more than just a job.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
he wants desperately to walk in his father's footsteps, to accomplish things his father accomplished and supersede them. the cowboys were the highlight of his father's nfl career, for what it's worth, and the reason that he grew up in texas. he would see playing for dallas as something more than just a job.

That sounds like a Lifetime movie.

So you honestly believe if he's drafted to one of the 31 other teams he won't be as committed?

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
There are so many great prospects in this draft around our 2nd and 3rd round picks.

Josh Doctson, Will Fuller, Sterling Shepard. To come away with none of them would be extremely disappointing.

JPostSam

Reaction score
That sounds like a Lifetime movie.

So you honestly believe if he's drafted to one of the 31 other teams he won't be as committed?

i don't think he'll dog it, no. but i think he'd have something extra with dallas. kind of like dez does.

(though that's not a reason by itself to draft him, or anyone.)

you do believe that players can be more attached or committed to a particular team, don't you?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i don't think he'll dog it, no. but i think he'd have something extra with dallas. kind of like dez does.

(though that's not a reason by itself to draft him, or anyone.)

you do believe that players can be more attached or committed to a particular team, don't you?

No, I don't. Not to where it effects their work ethic and commitment. Anyone who lacks the competitive nature and love of the game to always be all in is a waste of a roster spot.

JPostSam

Reaction score
No, I don't. Not to where it effects their work ethic and commitment. Anyone who lacks the competitive nature and love of the game to always be all in is a waste of a roster spot.

risen, if you're saying that we should only want players who "love football and are RKGs," then i'm with you.

but if you are saying that this player wouldn't be "all in" with dallas, or that he wouldn't have a special attachment to dallas, well, i disagree.

and, again, i'm not saying that's *the* reason that dallas *should* draft this player. i'm just saying that it *could* be the thing that tips the scale in his favor, if it's a toss-up between him and another player at that pick. (and for me, based on our needs and our draft position, that pick wouldn't be in the first two rounds.)

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
There are so many great prospects in this draft around our 2nd and 3rd round picks.

Josh Doctson, Will Fuller, Sterling Shepard. To come away with none of them would be extremely disappointing.

I'd like one but I don't know if it is happening. I think this will be a defense laden draft but I'm generally wrong about the draft (with everyone else) so take heart.