DMN: Sabin: How Tony Romo's contract is getting in way of QB's desire to win now

lostar2009

Reaction score
:laugh:

Yeah that pesky 10 million dollar difference doesn't matter much. But by all means going forward use faulty information to fuel your drivel.

What drive is that ? I have said several times he did not have to but it would be nice if he did. Did you read that part or did you want to fuel your drive.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
Exactly, plus they have allocated 20m a year to his base salary. That will be gone.

His dead money can be spread over 2 years and the cap will be 15-20m higher as well.

bingo...i mean, steelers just gave ben another 6 years like $120m...

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
When you are as close as we are to winning a super bowl, you do what it takes to get there. There are only 2 other teams as good as us in the whole NFC and that is the Packers and the Seahawks. Last yeara game against the Packers proved we were just as good as them. We beat the Seahawks earlier in the year and they barely made it past the Packers to make the super bowl.

As of right now our defense is weaker than it was last year and same with our offense. There is still time left to grab some play makers to improve our team and make us as good or better than GB and Seattle. The time is right now, not 5 years from now.

Don't forget Arizona. With a better QB or a healthy Palmer they are a force.

Craig

Reaction score
That seahawks team the cowboys played is not the seahawks team that played in the playoffs. Maybe they win again in another matchup, but they played seattle at the right time.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
That seahawks team the cowboys played is not the seahawks team that played in the playoffs. Maybe they win again in another matchup, but they played seattle at the right time.

The Cowboys were playing great ball at the end of the year so the Seahawks would have been facing a much better team as well

Hoofbite

Reaction score
What I find interesting is the compare and contrast of Stephen Jone's comments about it not being ideal restructuring players and pushing money into the future vs a lot of the analysis / comments here on CZ by posters I respect quite a bit re: the NFL salary cap doesn't mean anything, that the Cowboys can sign anybody they want anytime they want, and that pushing money into future year by heavily utilizing restructures is the RIGHT WAY to handle the NFL salary cap -- ie 0% loans, etc, etc.

Well, much of the cap discussions here are based on what Stephen used to say and the simple fact that Dallas used to operate in that manner.