News: DMN: So good on the 'fly sweep' last year, Lucky Whitehead could soar higher in 2016

NewsBot

Reaction score
*** Message was removed by demand from DMN ***

Last edited by a moderator:

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Seems to me Whitehead and Dunbar are a bit alike although Dunbar is bigger and hence more the RB.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Whitehead will be pressed to even make the roster.

I think he can, but it certainly is no lock

Depends on Dunbar IMO as well as his ability to stay healthy while playing KR and PR. His PR skills need to advance.

Carson

Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, didn't Whitehead get a majority of those yards on one carry? I'm pretty sure the other 9 fly sweep carries were terrible.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, didn't Whitehead get a majority of those yards on one carry? I'm pretty sure the other 9 fly sweep carries were terrible.

Looks like he had a couple of solid runs which is generally how big averages are made.

That said, with Dallas having Elliot I'm not looking to give a 5'10'', 160 lb WR any carries.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Looks like he had a couple of solid runs which is generally how big averages are made.

That said, with Dallas having Elliot I'm not looking to give a 5'10'', 160 lb WR any carries.

I think he is unlikely to get those snaps with EE and esp Dunbar around. His claim to fame his STs and I don't see anything special there. He'll have a hard time making the team this year IMO. If he can return punts then that gives him an edge assuming no one else does it better. We haven't had a remarkable PR in awhile.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

Lucky is the fastest guy on offense and it's not even close. It looks like he has put on a lot of weight as well:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDgsxLTARGc/?taken-by=luck2fast

Remember Romo and Linehan like those single back 4WR shotgun sets on 3rd down.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score

Whitehead ran for these yards in these games:

10/25/15 - NY Giants: 4 carries for 35 yards
11/01/15 - Seattle: 1 carry 2 yards
12/07/15 - Washington: 2 carries 35 yards
12/13/15 - Green Bay: 1 carry 3 yards
12/19/15 - NY Jets: 2 carries 32 yards

So it didn't all come on one carry.

CWR

Reaction score
Whitehead developed as the season progressed. His return abilities are needed on this team, Id be suprised if he doesnt make the team.