DMN: So You Want Bollinger To Start?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Da Hammer;2378674 said:
it doesnt even matter if Johnson plays that bad which i expect him too at least at that pace then by the time Johnson is pulled it will have been too late to have any chance at a comeback anyway!

What can I say I disagree I think if he is turning the ball over as you predict then he will get the hook pretty quick.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AdamJT13;2378619 said:
Brad Johnson is 3-7 in his past 10 starts. Here are his stats --

20-of-33, 185 yards, 0 TD, 3 INT (31-7 loss to Patriots)

21-of-31, 136 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT (9-3 loss to 49ers)

18-of-30, 257 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT (23-17 loss to Packers)

26-of-44, 262 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT (24-20 loss to Dolphins)

27-of-41, 274 yards, 3 TD, 0 INT (31-26 win over Cardinals)

11-of-26, 73 yards, 0 TD, 4 INT (23-13 loss to Bears)*

14-of-22, 159 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT (30-20 win over Lions)

10-of-17, 96 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT (26-13 loss to Jets)

17-of-34, 234 yards, 1 TD, 3 INT (34-14 loss to Rams)

19-of-33, 122 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT (13-9 win over Buccaneers)

183-of-311 (58.8 pct.), 1,798 yards, 7 TD, 14 INT

*-Bollinger went 7-of-9 for 70 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT, in relief of Johnson

Adam just totally schooled/pwned Timmy Mac!

I love it!!!!!!

Note to Timmy:

Please feel free to steal these numbers as well.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
28-of-42, 327 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT (24-20 loss to Jets)

This is a hopeful stat line

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2378619 said:
Brad Johnson is 3-7 in his past 10 starts. Here are his stats --

Johnson
183-of-311 (58.8 pct.), 1,798 yards, 7 TD, 14 INT

BB

143-of-252 (56.7 pct.), 1,534 yards, 5 TD, 7 INT

please pay attention to the INT's.... BJ threw for twice as many...so much for taking care of the ball...

so now that that theory is proven false why start BJ.

cowboyed

Reaction score
tyke1doe;2378655 said:
Thank you. A voice of reason over emotions.

Bollinger doesn't have any sync with this offense. He hasn't practice throwing routes to T.O., Witten, Crayton or Williams.

It's not just a matter of throwing the ball and letting T.O. or Williams catch it. They (the receivers) have to be in the right place. They have to anticipate when the ball is thrown based on the route they run. And Bollinger has to get the ball to them. Then he also has to read defenses, especially a defense as accomplished as the Giants' defense.

I doubt he can manage all this with four practices.

The "benefits" of Johnson starting is that he's seen it all. he has nearly 20 years of experience. Yes, he doesn't have the greatest arm. But I expect his timing with the receivers will be better because he's been playing for three weeks.

And, as stated, he knows how to get rid of the football.

He'll keep us in the game so, hopefully, we can win it at the end.

Yes, a tall order. But I'd rather have Johnson than Bollinger starting against the Giants.

I believe Bollinger has been with us for 8 weeks now and he is a young veteran qb.

COWBOYSNUM1

Reaction score
stasheroo;2378688 said:
Adam just totally schooled/pwned Timmy Mac!

I love it!!!!!!

Note to Timmy:

Please feel free to steal these numbers as well.
How so?? Timmy was making a point that we shouldn't get too excited about Bollinger because he hasn't played well either. Adam was showing that Brad has played better than Bollinger if you compared their last 10 starts.

It looked like both made the same argument.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In his last 7 starts, Bollinger has:

114-198 (57.6%) .. 5 TD / 3 INT

.. and I bet Bollinger had nowhere near the talent this team has on the offense side of the ball.

I wanted Chris Simms, not Bollinger, and I am not a Bollinger fan .. but he is better than Brad Johnson at this point. I cannot see how Brad Johnson is going to lead the Cowboys to a win in New York unless the Giants completely meltdown and turn the ball over 5-6 times leading to multiple scores.

-Reality

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;2378610 said:
Hefty Lefty sucks... plain & simple.

Garrett had Culpepper in Miami, so I'm guessing he knows all about him.

What other prized back-up QB's can you come up with there scooter?
Brad Johnson sucks worse...plain and simple.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
COWBOYSNUM1;2378717 said:
Adam was showing that Brad has played better than Bollinger if you compared their last 10 starts.

No I wasn't. I was just putting Bollinger's "discouraging" stats in perspective by showing Johnson's past 10 starts. It's pretty similar, although Johnson has a lower passer rating and twice as many interceptions.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister;2378692 said:
Or Juke and Winki :D

You bastage!

I hope Juke "treat or treats" your house.

His French Maid outfit will wipe that smile off of your face!

:)

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AdamJT13;2378786 said:
No I wasn't. I was just putting Bollinger's "discouraging" stats in perspective by showing Johnson's past 10 starts. It's pretty similar, although Johnson has a lower passer rating and twice as many interceptions.

Great!

Johnson would have to play better in order to be considered as bad as what Bollinger is.

We're in for a hellacious beating in New York. Ugh.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Bollinger started for the vikes last year when they beat the giants. although the reason they won was because the vikes picked off Eli 4 times(running 2 back) but hey it's worth a shot.

silver

Reaction score
Rampage;2378879 said:
Bollinger started for the vikes last year when they beat the giants. although the reason they won was because the vikes picked off Eli 4 times(running 2 back) but hey it's worth a shot.

so in a way he's a Giant killer. We better start him, or at least bring him in at the first sign of ineptness from checkdown which should come pretty darn early.

MONT17

Reaction score
If brooks playd n NY. I would think the pro Brooks crowd would point to his stats @ Giants stadium to prove a point. Giant stadium has a unique way of makin weak arm QBs look bad

aikemirv

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2378660 said:
You can always pull Johnson if he is making costly mistakes but I think if we are staying close with the Giants then they will leave him in.

I am with you on the start Johnson and if he messes up put in Bollinger. I think the worst thing that can happen to the Cowboys is for this game to get away from them early.

We need to man up and play great D and keep it close in the first half and somewhat keep the field position battle even. we can't have the offense giving away points. I am not sure even Johnson can handle that but I feel better about him than I do at Bollinger at this point (as far as giving points away)

My biggest fear is the batted ball at the LOS returned for a TD!

Johnson is pretty capable of that.