DMN: T.O. on DeAngelo Hall

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
November 11, 2008

T.O. on DeAngelo Hall: 'At the rate he's playing, I'm looking forward to a big day'
6:39 PM Tue, Nov 11, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

T.O. doesn't seem too concerned about the Commanders signing DeAngelo Hall. Matter of fact, he hopes he sees Hall on the field Sunday.

"At the rate he's playing, I'm looking forward to a big day," Owens told the Associated Press at his book signing today in New York. "I'm no stranger to playing against him. I've had success against him just as much as everybody else has, so if he's out there, I'm looking forward to playing him."

T.O. speaks the truth. Hall, who was extremely overrated in Atlanta, has been horrible this season. Per Stats Inc., he gave up more yards (556 on 40-of-66 passing) than any other cornerback in the league during his brief stint as a Raider. And T.O. did torch Hall for two touchdowns (and spit in his face) the last time they met.

Of course, T.O. will probably see a lot more of Shawn Springs and Carlos Rogers than Hall this weekend. And he didn't fare so well the last time he saw them despite Tony Romo forcing 18 passes to him.

In a related note, T.O. suggested that his coaches take a look at the things that made the Cowboys successful last season, such as moving him around. Jason Garrett might want to start with the tape of last season's win over Washington, when T.O. lined up in different spots on each of his four touchdown catches.

And some people on this board want him?! He is giving up 14 yards per catch!! :lmao2:

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Who would have thought that D. Hall was terrible?

Oh wait, everyone but Al Davis and Danny Snyder.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
4 TO talking to media articles in the last hour. I hate when TO talks to media. Its like he is using Halls stats against him.. Does he not remember that Stats Inc number that showed TO leading the league in drops few seasons ago?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The people on this board who wanted D Hall should be banned.

cowboyrock

Benched
Reaction score
Owens needs to shut the heck up and start getting open making plays.the guy cant get open anymore.i think he is at the end of the line. he is great at talking. and then he gets to the game and makes 3 catches for 38 yards. yea he's right about Hall. but he himself is doing nothing these days. it's time to shut up and make some plays to help the cowboys win.

Mansta54

Reaction score
Joe Realist;2413571 said:
umm T.O. at the rate you are playing, I would shut up!

What rate is TO playing at? Infact, what rate is any of our recievers playing at with BJ throwing them the ball. There's nothing wrong with TO's game and you'll see that sunday nite with Romo back at the helm....

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Joe Realist;2413571 said:
umm T.O. at the rate you are playing, I would shut up!

The whole team should stay quiet. They need to get focused real quick.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
theogt;2413549 said:
Who would have thought that D. Hall was terrible?

Oh wait, everyone but Al Davis and Danny Snyder.

what does it matter? He will return an interception for a TD, showboating along the way, make the SportsCenter top 10 plays of the week, and "earn" himself a probowl spot, no matter how badly he got burned throughout the season.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
jdub2k4;2413603 said:
what does it matter? He will return an interception for a TD, showboating along the way, make the SportsCenter top 10 plays of the week, and "earn" himself a probowl spot, no matter how badly he got burned throughout the season.
Doubtful that anyone that was cut from his team despite the massive financial penalty and wasn't claimed off waivers would make the pro bowl.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jdub2k4;2413603 said:
Another negative prediction from the Cowboys faithful.

As far as TO, he needs to shut up. I know he's frustrated after having the lousiest QB on earth throwing to him for the last few weeks, but the last thing the Cowboys need to do is give bulletin board material to an opponent. Any opponent. Just focus on winning the game in front on them.

cowboyrock

Benched
Reaction score
Maby in the past. but this year Owewns has no room to talk. he has done nothing this year. i dont trust him.

Mansta54

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2413612 said:
Another negative prediction from the Cowboys faithful.

As far as TO, he needs to shut up. I know he's frustrated after having the lousiest QB on earth throwing to him for the last few weeks, but the last thing the Cowboys need to do is give bulletin board material to an opponent. Any opponent. Just focus on winning the game in front on them.

It really gets old, doesn't it. Sometimes I wonder why the negative fans just don't go and route for another team.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mansta54;2413618 said:
It really gets old, doesn't it. Sometimes I wonder why the negative fans just don't go and route for another team.

I really do question the fanhood of some here. Of course if you mention that, they become indignant. But if the grass is so much greener on the other side, then spare the rest of us by going to the other side and staying there.

cowboyrock

Benched
Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2413650 said:
I really do question the fanhood of some here. Of course if you mention that, they become indignant. But if the grass is so much greener on the other side, then spare the rest of us by going to the other side and staying there.
You were the same people telling me this summer that all we needed to do was keep our own free agents like Flozell, Hamlin and others. that we did not need to bring in any free-agents. well you got your wish. and look at us now. remember i told you so.

cowboyrock

Benched
Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;2413664 said:
Hall is awful... I'm looking forward to all of our WR's matching up on him.
Here's the problem. i agree Hall is terrible. but Owens cant get open on anyone these days. he's washed up folks. it's time to face up to it.