News: DMN: Terrell Davis says underachieving DeMarco Murray 'running to darkness'

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
So seeing nobody in front of him but Dez he wanted to cut back? That's what you're going with?

That Demarco's vision is so bad he can't run in a straight line?

Come on man!

DMN did an interview with Demarco a few days after the game and he admitted that he shouldve ran straight.

Terrell David was spot on with his assessment, Demarco is leaving too many yards on the field.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
DMN did an interview with Demarco a few days after the game and he admitted that he shouldve ran straight.

Terrell David was spot on with his assessment, Demarco is leaving too many yards on the field.

What was he supposed to say? That he couldn't finish the run?

Anyone with eyes to see can tell he was a step from being pulled down.

I also find it hilarious that this is the first we've heard from the media or from you CZ posters stating that he leaves all these yards on the field.

It simply isn't true. Does he have perfect vision? No. Did Emmitt? Nope.

I'm sure I could find clips from a 25 year old Smith leaving "yards on the field" if we pour over his tape from a bird's eye view.

Nevermind that that second clip is not an example of him doing just that. He was being walked and delivered the first blow.

Now don't confuse me as saying he is a top 5 back. I'm merely refuting this asinine point people are trying to make.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
What was he supposed to say? That he couldn't finish the run?

Anyone with eyes to see can tell he was a step from being pulled down.

I also find it hilarious that this is the first we've heard from the media or from you CZ posters stating that he leaves all these yards on the field.

It simply isn't true. Does he have perfect vision? No. Did Emmitt? Nope.

I'm sure I could find clips from a 25 year old Smith leaving "yards on the field" if we pour over his tape from a bird's eye view.

Nevermind that that second clip is not an example of him doing just that. He was being walked and delivered the first blow.

Now don't confuse me as saying he is a top 5 back. I'm merely refuting this asinine point people are trying to make.

Emmitts greatest asset as a runner was his vision. Second was his durability.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Emmitts greatest asset as a runner was his vision. Second was his durability.

And nowhere did I deny either of those things. In fact they help make my point. I'm sure we can find clips of where a young Emmitt left yards on the field.

Darn that guy.. .. Always running to darkness!

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
not underachieving but over hyped by our fan base. He is A decent back nothing more.

Who is over hyping him?

Everyone was happy we drafted a Running back this year because of his history.

He is not over hyped ...... he is what he is, a productive back when he is healthy.

TimHortons

TheXFactor
Reaction score
Uh, no. Gore and MJD are extremely underrated and Chris Johnson has rushed for 2k yards, Murray hasn't come close to that and don't think he ever will. Who is Wilson?

Chris Johnson HAS rushed for 2000 yards? That's your argument for him? That's hilarious. What has he done since then? You're using stats from several years ago as an argument for a player at a position notorious for hitting a wall, and Chris Johnson has clearly hit that wall as proven by the past few years. You could be right about MJD, he could bounce back, but Gore is getting old now and I believe that he will slow down this year significantly.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score

Please don't get it twisted... Terrell Davis is trying to increase his staying power on NFLN. Anything to increase the ratings quotient.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
And nowhere did I deny either of those things. In fact they help make my point. I'm sure we can find clips of where a young Emmitt left yards on the field.

Darn that guy.. .. Always running to darkness!

You will find many. It doesn't matter though. The scorned Felix fans will latch onto the first negative sentiment around DeMarco. It comes with the territory. Sorta like flies & port a pottys.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Who is over hyping him?

Everyone was happy we drafted a Running back this year because of his history.

He is not over hyped ...... he is what he is, a productive back when he is healthy.

This should kill the thread.

But, sadly, it won't.