News: DMN: Terrell Davis says underachieving DeMarco Murray 'running to darkness'

punchnjudy

Reaction score
He's been overrated by the fan base. Some people talk about him like he's a top 5 back in the league.

He's a pretty solid back when he's healthy.

Agreed. I remember reading a scouting report on here that compared his vision to Emmitt. Those are the types of comparisons that make players seem like bums when they're actually pretty good.

OhSnap

Reaction score
He butters his bread by bouncin outside and turnin the corner so he tries it too often and teams learn to set the edge better against him. Hopefully he's gettin a lil vet savvy goin on and some good coachin to learn some new tricks. He's definitely had the spare time to hit the film room.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Did you notice how he stopped running in a straight line and turned into the defenders. That's what TD means by "running to darkness"

Did you notice how he was being caught and decided to deliver a blow rather than take one?

Nirvana

Reaction score
He'll be running with a chip on his shoulder now. I wonder how many text messages he got about this.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Interesting take on Murray's running style.

Can't say I disagree.

Agreed. I've been saying since we got him that Murray doesn't have great vision and doesn't consistently set up his blocks well.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
No. That's not what happened. He slowed to cut back.

So seeing nobody in front of him but Dez he wanted to cut back? That's what you're going with?

That Demarco's vision is so bad he can't run in a straight line?

Come on man!

conner01

Reaction score
you can find video of every back in the nfl running the wrong direction sometimes, even the great ones. thats part of ffotball. they don't have the luxury of seeing from over head to know where running lanes are

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Let me start by saying I did not read anyones quotes on here but I saw this episode with Terrell Davis and couldn't agree with him more. I like DeMarco Murray a lot...........I was always a fan of the running backs and hope this guy has a huge, not big, huge year for us, but I do agree that he does end the play for himself more than not. I just speak the truth. I remember the game against the Rams when he probably would have broken the single game rushing record but instead fell down in the open field, the game against the giants he could have stayed along the sidelines and most likely he would have scored, and there have been plenty more times he lowers his head for no reason. I hope the coaching staff has brought this to his attention because if this guy gets his vision and on field awareness better he will be a top 5 running back, regardless of our line.

Derinyar

Reaction score
Does anyone know does Davis have any skins on the wall as an analyst? I generally have found that the majority of ex athletes playing at analyst are bad at the job. They spent their formative years learning something else. I'm not saying that ex players can't be good analysts, just that being an ex player doesn't automatically make one a competent analyst.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I came to the conclusion early on that DeMarco is not the home run hitter. He is the back that operates well in space and is always moving forward. He brings outstanding value from the 3rd round to what will become an increasingly crucial role on the offense this year. Bill Callahan brings to us that much needed balance and DeMarco will thrive in an offense that will increase the focus on generating positive yardage on the ground. I can't wait to see it! Callahan is the biggest golden nugget of the off season. DeMarco is probably salivating at the chance to work within the elements of a balanced offensive e attack. Play action will be sick and that revamped offensive line will move mountains.

To those that just can't understand that DeMarco was not going to beat three secondary players that had him hawked, I say get over your Felix butt hurt and embrace DeMarco. The guy is humble and runs forward whether light or dark. Having sat due to injury last year, he is chomping at the bit to silence the butt hurters. Is it Sunday night yet?

DominantD

Reaction score
It will appear amazing to some that Murray's vision will be improved in 2013. And, it might be accurate. But with Waters in town, blocking next to Frederick... with (hopefully) Leary at the other guard, suddenly there will be a little daylight where none ever existed before.

Beats_By_Zeke

Reaction score
this is where I rank him
ADP
Muscle Hamster
Foster
JC
Spiller
Lynch
Rice
McCoy
Richardson
Morris
Forte
CJ
Ridley
MJD
Wilson
Gore
Murray

Bush, Miller,Lacy could push him even lower especially if he doesn't make it all season

Who exactly is muscle hamster or is that joke of Ap

mrmojo

Reaction score
Yeah who the heck is Terrell Davis anyway he doesn't have any rings...........ummmm ooops.....

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Davis is right.

You may be right, but seriously- your opinions are like litmus paper that has already been dipped in tap water before placing it in the test medium.

No offense.

Ren

Reaction score
Seems like NFLN just needed a story to fill a segment and made one using 1 whole clip, i respect TDs opinion on this but he didn't do a very good job of selling it by only using one clip. If this was such a big issue with Murray surely it would have taken no time to find at least a few more

DuceizBak

Reaction score
I came to the conclusion early on that DeMarco is not the home run hitter. He is the back that operates well in space and is always moving forward. He brings outstanding value from the 3rd round to what will become an increasingly crucial role on the offense this year. Bill Callahan brings to us that much needed balance and DeMarco will thrive in an offense that will increase the focus on generating positive yardage on the ground. I can't wait to see it! Callahan is the biggest golden nugget of the off season. DeMarco is probably salivating at the chance to work within the elements of a balanced offensive e attack. Play action will be sick and that revamped offensive line will move mountains.

To those that just can't understand that DeMarco was not going to beat three secondary players that had him hawked, I say get over your Felix butt hurt and embrace DeMarco. The guy is humble and runs forward whether light or dark. Having sat due to injury last year, he is chomping at the bit to silence the butt hurters. Is it Sunday night yet?

It's weird, because he easily could be. He has very good speed.
He has the agility of a hippopotamus, in preseason his agility looked better.