News: DMN: That's right national writer ranks Cowboys left tackle Tyron Smith as NFL's best

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
The best offensive tackle in football... Factor in his age and abilities, INSANE!

Bigdog

Reaction score
And the debate I hear a lot is: Should we have taken him or JJ Watt? We couldn't go wrong with either and I think we made the right choice, imo.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
And the debate I hear a lot is: Should we have taken him or JJ Watt? We couldn't go wrong with either and I think we made the right choice, imo.
I think we made the right choice. Its much harder to find a dominant LT in this league than a Dominant rusher. Add in the fact that Tyron is a year and a half younger and we had one of the worst OLs in the league at the time.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Ahhh too 5 is a little low. Can't think of 4 LT better than him. Lets go with top 2, depending on if you prefer him or Thomas

I didn't say he was five but in the top five. I think it's difficult at times to say who is 1,2,...5 although at times 1 or 2 are clearly better than the best of the rest. Thomas is the best. The improvement of Collins will make it easier on Smith. But for whatever reason he gets rocked at times and even beat outside on occasion.

In no order:

Thomas
Smith
Armstead
Staley
Williams
Whitworth
Peters
a few others