News: DMN: Tony Romo wants to still be playing football in 10 years

visionary

Reaction score
I would like to think that if they run the ball and do more three step drops that he will stay around but given that his game relies on extending plays and making them downfield I expect he eventually take that one hit too many in the next few years.

Is this opinion before or after a Google search?

TheFinisher

Reaction score
How much longer he plays will be solely dependent on how willing he is to accept a bus driver role.

This team is built to rely on the OL and Zeke to do the heavy lifting.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Nope never hid before and won't start now. don't need to hide, and I'm right about our team a lot more than you

Oh please, what are you right about? Pull out those receipts. I need to see them.

Cheerleading, and agreeing with everything the team does. Does not make you right, or a know it all.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Oh please, what are you right about? Pull out those receipts. I need to see them.

Cheerleading, and agreeing with everything the team does. Does not make you right, or a know it all.

Same can be said for your "sucking on sour lemons attitude" about this team. Don't worry Romo will have you looking foolish again soon enough

Frozen700

Reaction score
Same can be said for your "sucking on sour lemons attitude" about this team. Don't worry Romo will have you looking foolish again soon enough

I hope he does for the sake of the team.... anything short of a Superbowl is a waste of time.

We seen him make it to the playoffs, now get the job done

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I hope he does for the sake of the team.... anything short of a Superbowl is a waste of time.

We seen him make it to the playoffs, now get the job done

I'm not laying all the blame at the feet of one man. Yes I want a Superbowl but if certain aspects of our team are lacking a qb won't be enough to cover them all up. The team as a whole has to step up around him.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
That's a relief. I was worried about what we would do after 5 years. Good to hear Tony's going to be playing for 10.

erod

Reaction score
Oh, great.

That means I have 10 more years on this board defending that guy. Better buy me one of them thesauruses.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
If Romo is capable of playing football in another 10 years, it'll more than likely be at home with his kids.

I'm fairly sure that Romo had mistakenly chosen to express his love for football by overstating his case.

The only football Romo will be playing in 10 years is Fantasy Football.....that is if the NFL will stop suing him and let him have his FF Convention...they have cancelled it 2 years in a row

ksadler1

Reaction score
I have no doubt Romo will be playing football 10 years from now. But it will be in his back yard with his kids.....

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
tony has one or two more good years left then after that we saw last year what its going to look like and that's going to be unwatchable bad.

Dday22t

Reaction score
He gave an honest answer to the question. Probably not very realistic but can't fault him for it.

Frozen700

Reaction score
I'm not laying all the blame at the feet of one man. Yes I want a Superbowl but if certain aspects of our team are lacking a qb won't be enough to cover them all up. The team as a whole has to step up around him.

Yea, this I agree with.

But I do feel like vs greenbay . Our D did a great job keeping us in the game, and Romo and the offense couldn't get it going.

So far I've been right about Murray, MO, and Williams. I hope I'm wrong about Romo. Trust me I do.

To me it's just that , if you are going to go all the way to the playoffs, just to lose. Then let a young QB come in and do that. Let us watch him grow, and let him be the one to waste Dez's years.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yea, this I agree with.

But I do feel like vs greenbay . Our D did a great job keeping us in the game, and Romo and the offense couldn't get it going.

So far I've been right about Murray, MO, and Williams. I hope I'm wrong about Romo. Trust me I do.

To me it's just that , if you are going to go all the way to the playoffs, just to lose. Then let a young QB come in and do that. Let us watch him grow, and let him be the one to waste Dez's years.

Romo played great in that green bay game man, I don't think he even had 5 incomplete passes. The defense played well in the 1st half but in the 22nd half they gave up points on every single drive, it was ridiculous. I think both sides are going to Come together this year and we will put the league on notice. And Mark my words Mo will be a good CB this year

Frozen700

Reaction score
Romo played great in that green bay game man, I don't think he even had 5 incomplete passes. The defense played well in the 1st half but in the 22nd half they gave up points on every single drive, it was ridiculous. I think both sides are going to Come together this year and we will put the league on notice. And Mark my words Mo will be a good CB this year

Hey, we don't ever really agree, but I do hope you and the team proves me wrong.

I'd love for you to quote me, and shove all this in my face. that means we, the Cowboys are actually going somewhere.

visionary

Reaction score
i've always preferred it when you complain that I 'talk smart.'

Lol, leave it to you to misconstrue what i meant

When someone says yore 'trying to talk smart' that is not a compliment

There was a "50-50 chance" of that happening anyway