News: DMN: USA Today ranks Cowboys owner Jerry Jones as NFL's most important person

plasticman

Reaction score
What does that trophy look like?

USA Today is looking at it from a financial and marketing perspective. It has absolutely nothing to do with what is really measured as success in a sports league....winning championships.

"Yay, our owner is the most important guy.....,take that Snyder!"

Nope......doesn't do a **** thing for me.

EST_1986

Reaction score
What does that trophy look like?

USA Today is looking at it from a financial and marketing perspective. It has absolutely nothing to do with what is really measured as success in a sports league....winning championships.

"Yay, our owner is the most important guy.....,take that Snyder!"

Nope......doesn't do a **** thing for me.

....those past 3 big shiny trophies were under his reign

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
It's funny that he is so hated by other team's fans.

This is an appropriate ranking-- Jones has been the most influential person in the league since the mid 90s.

Califan007

Reaction score
It's funny that he is so hated by other team's fans.

Are you nuts? lol...other team's fans love the guy, especially fans of the other NFC East teams. I have yet to see any fan base hate on Jerruh as much or as often as Cowboys fans.

Califan007

Reaction score
Reading this list, there's a lot to find laughable on it lol...

The Buffalo Bills quality control and special teams coach is ranked higher than the Chief operating officer of NFL Media who negotiates the league’s television deals with networks. That's because the Bills' coach is a woman, the first to hold a full time coaching position. Sorry, but that doesn't trump controlling multi-billion dollar TV contracts that keep the league alive.

Scot McCloughan should be on there more than Shad Kahn, and for the reason they gave for Kahn: starting to turn a losing franchise into a consistent playoff contender. Only Scot M has played significant roles in two other franchises doing the same thing and the league benefits more from the Commanders returning to some sort of significance than it does from the Jags doing so.

And Greg Hardy is important? Really? In that case Ray Rice should have been listed instead.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
those three past were jimmy Johnson and the players he drafted and traded for jerry had very little to do with those. Jerry is given this listing because its all about the money now with this league as far as winning he has no idea. Its all about how much money everyone is making

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
those three past were jimmy Johnson and the players he drafted and traded for jerry had very little to do with those. Jerry is given this listing because its all about the money now with this league as far as winning he has no idea. Its all about how much money everyone is making

BS....If not for Jerry...Jimmy wouldn't have got those players and trades to start with. He had every bit as much to do with it.
It's always been about money, always...it is just more prevalent today with all the news media and the way it has grown.
Jerry has knows more about winning in the NFL than anyone on here or else he wouldn't be where he is. Each of us can know about winning, but his just on a larger financial level. So it's easier for people to feel they can criticize him for things that don't work to the way they want it.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So why couldn't Jerry get the Dez catch be ruled for what it was...A CATCH!!!....:laugh:.....
couldn't resist

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
It's irrelevant whether Jimmy or Jerry was more responsible for the 90s Super Bowls. The NFL is anything but static. It changes. You either keep up with the changes or you get left behind. Past accolades did not save Tom Landry his job.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
This doesn't surprise me at all. Jerry may come off as a bumpkin, but he is very influential.

And what is Michael Sam doing on the list? He's not even in the NFL anymore. And Jerry Smith, TE with the Commanders, was gay in the NFL before Sam. It was one of the worst kept secrets.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Are you nuts? lol...other team's fans love the guy, especially fans of the other NFC East teams. I have yet to see any fan base hate on Jerruh as much or as often as Cowboys fans.

Smart fans opposing fans love him. But most hate him.

Source: I post a lot on the Giants forum and another forum that has fans from all over the league.

It's funny how much hate he'll get... Even from random some random Bucs fan.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jerry-jones-emperor.jpg

plasticman

Reaction score
....those past 3 big shiny trophies were under his reign

Yes, our fading memories of those events should suffice. Go ahead Jerry, just take the next two decades off. Better yet, convince yourself that you were a relevent contributor other than uttering, "Jimmy, be my Head Coach and I will give you complete control over football operations".

I have only onw real issue with owner Jerry Jones. His GM is unqualified, unfocused, undisciplined, devoid of any credentials, experience or talent to perform the job, arrogant, overbearing, with absolutly no definitive plan or philosophy.

Jerry needs to ne less influential to the financial success of the NFL and more influential in the success of the Dallas Cowboys, his first commitment is to their fans.