News: DMN: USA Today ranks Cowboys owner Jerry Jones as NFL's most important person

plymkr

Reaction score
Reading this list, there's a lot to find laughable on it lol...

The Buffalo Bills quality control and special teams coach is ranked higher than the Chief operating officer of NFL Media who negotiates the league’s television deals with networks. That's because the Bills' coach is a woman, the first to hold a full time coaching position. Sorry, but that doesn't trump controlling multi-billion dollar TV contracts that keep the league alive.

Scot McCloughan should be on there more than Shad Kahn, and for the reason they gave for Kahn: starting to turn a losing franchise into a consistent playoff contender. Only Scot M has played significant roles in two other franchises doing the same thing and the league benefits more from the Commanders returning to some sort of significance than it does from the Jags doing so.

And Greg Hardy is important? Really? In that case Ray Rice should have been listed instead.

Yeah how did Hardy and Sam get on the list of important NFL people, or people that impacted the NFL, or whatever this list is. I don't think Sam did anything for the league. He never played in the league to my knowledge, at least not in any games. He was the first openly gay player drafted but he did nothing in the league besides get cut and never see the field. I feel he did a lot for the homosexual community by being open but as far as changing the culture of the league to be more accepting of gay players I don't think he did much. He wasn't around long enough or have enough of an impact on the field to change the culture of the league regarding homosexuals. Again he did good things for the homosexual community but nothing of note for the league.

And how is Hardy even on the list? did he make domestic violence unacceptable for the league? Sam being on the list I can see the logic, I don't agree with it, but I can see it. I see no reason why Hardy is on the list unless they're counting players that get ratings and clicks on websites as being important.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Are you nuts? lol...other team's fans love the guy, especially fans of the other NFC East teams. I have yet to see any fan base hate on Jerruh as much or as often as Cowboys fans.

This is true, he's every other teams best ally and our worst enemy.