News: DMN: Wanna know Cowboys' first-round pick?***Official visitors & Dallas Day visitors***

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Get we get a contest going on how many of the players we either invited or interviewed personally will be picked in the draft?

I say 4.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I have a feeling the team will go about business as usual--drafting special teamers, role players and guys who won't shake the status quo.

We have a real opportunity this year to get starters. Legit prospects. But I'm worried we'll continue picking players as though we're the Patriots

I wish people would get off the "draft special teamers" bit. Any time you take a Lb, DB, WR, or RB 4th round or later, realistically the guy needs to be able to play ST.

But you seem to think we are going to find status quo shakers there?

reddyuta

Reaction score
I have a feeling the team will go about business as usual--drafting special teamers, role players and guys who won't shake the status quo.

We have a real opportunity this year to get starters. Legit prospects. But I'm worried we'll continue picking players as though we're the Patriots

I hate our draft after the first 2 RDs in the last few years,we go out of way to pick no hopers,guys who have no talent and will never be a starter in this leauge.Everybody praises Mcclay but he should be ashamed of the drafts under him in the later Rds.

Gaede

Reaction score
I wish people would get off the "draft special teamers" bit. Any time you take a Lb, DB, WR, or RB 4th round or later, realistically the guy needs to be able to play ST.

But you seem to think we are going to find status quo shakers there?

Of course, they need play special teamers. But there's a difference between grabbing guys who can play special teams vs. guys who will only ever play special teams.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Of course, they need play special teamers. But there's a difference between grabbing guys who can play special teams vs. guys who will only ever play special teams.

That's just silly. We aren't picking guys just as ST players. We pick guys who can make the club doing ST and try to develop them to contribute at their main position. You have to be able to contribute to be on the 53 man roster.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
I hate our draft after the first 2 RDs in the last few years,we go out of way to pick no hopers,guys who have no talent and will never be a starter in this leauge.Everybody praises Mcclay but he should be ashamed of the drafts under him in the later Rds.

When did mcclay get here?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Yeah, that's because you're being realistic. This is what actually takes place every year. Only we're not there yet. What happens now, every year, is a list of mock drafts that nets us hella starters.

Talk to me in the 4th round when everybody's pffffting our picks the rest of the way. Who we taking next? A punter? I waited all year for this? I hate this team! ... Go Cowboys!

Then, in the aftermath, comes the spin job. Suddenly a large number of our fans secretly loved these players. Players they thought so much of that they felt the need to completely ignore without a mention in the months leading up to the draft. This starts the you should go run your own team if you thought they were reaches phase of the year. (Do not forget our annual- These draft resources are only grading us so poorly to gain views of their site Day - at this time. It's BYOBS and always a fun event.)

We tend to live the same year over and over again with only minor tweaks here and there.

Last edited:

reddyuta

Reaction score
Yeah, that's because you're being realistic. This is what actually takes place every year. Only we're not there yet. What happens now, every year, is a list of mock drafts that nets us hella starters.

Talk to me in the 4th round when everybody's pffffting our picks the rest of the way. Who we taking next? A punter? I waited all year for this? I hate this team! ... Go Cowboys!

Then, in the aftermath, comes the spin job. Suddenly a large number of our fans secretly loved these players. Players they thought so much of that they felt the need to completely ignore without a mention in the months leading up to the draft. This starts the you should go run your own team if you thought they were reaches phase of the year. (Do not forget our annual- These draft resources are only grading us so poorly to gain views of their site Day - at this time. It's BYOBS and always a fun event.)

We tend to live the same year over and over again with only minor tweaks here and there.

giphy.gif

AzorAhai

Reaction score

150967-machine-gun-facebook-like-reac-LcCV.png

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Then, in the aftermath, comes the spin job. Suddenly a large number of our fans secretly loved these players. Players they thought so much of that they felt the need to completely ignore without a mention in the months leading up to the draft.

That is my favorite part.

It would be nice for a change for them to nail day three and not draft a single head scratcher that suddenly becomes a good pick once some dig up their scouting report and go mining for hope.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It would be nice for a change for them to nail day three and not draft a single head scratcher that suddenly becomes a good pick once some dig up their scouting report and go mining for hope.

I hope for it every year. Even on that Saturday morning I'm hopeful but it always ends up the same. Maybe Lionel Vital changes things.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score

I kinda wouldn't mind burning a 6th round comp pick on Keenan Reynolds as a slot receiver, if it's at least a 50% chance he's allowed to play football *if* he makes the team. But that would classify as a head scratcher

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I kinda wouldn't mind burning a 6th round comp pick on Keenan Reynolds as a slot receiver, if it's at least a 50% chance he's allowed to play football *if* he makes the team. But that would classify as a head scratcher

Not really. Reynolds at least has been getting legitimate buzz thanks to the Patriots taking a special interest in him as a slash player. There were 18 teams at Navy to work him out (including Dallas personnel).

A head scratcher is a Swaim-type pick. Someone you find ranked in the 800s on NFLdraftscout. Like that.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
So, essentially we can eliminate Tunsil at No. 4, and that's it.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score

LOL.

If you're so ******* miserable following this team......find another...... and please stop boring the hell out of the rest of us cause..........