DMN: Werder responds to TO's Post-game interview

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
T.O. talked to NBC; Ed Werder talks here

3:31 PM Mon, Dec 15, 2008 | Permalink
Barry Horn E-mail News tips

Finally caught up with ESPN's Eddie "Lightning Rod" Werder this afternoon to gauge his reaction about being called out by Terrell Owens on national TV during Sunday's post-game happy talk with NBC's Andrea Kremer.

T.O. went the double negative route with Kremer, accusing Werder "of a lack of unprofessionalism." Not to put Werder words in T.O.'s mouth but what he probably meant was "lack of professionalism."

So Mr. Werder how does it feel?
"I was shocked," Werder said. "I've been covering the Cowboys since 1989 and I have never been put in a position like that. It was a first."

When the two saw each other in the post-game news conference, Werder reports, "He called me a name but it wasn't a profanity."

Werder, it should be pointed out, was not the only reporter to deal with last week's series of Owens-related events. In fact, he wasn't the first to report the Owens-Roy Williams-Patrick Crayton trip to Jason Garrett's office. Nor was he the first to report on the alleged skirmish between T.O. and Witten. Werder's Thursday report was primarily on T.O.'s effect on Romo. In that report, he quoted Bradie James on his role in mediating and relied on unnamed sources.

Werder thinks what T.O. really wants is to know who Werder's sources are. "I think that's his frustration in all of this. He wants to know who in the locker room I talked to who obviously doesn't respect him and I won't ever tell him that."

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
ajk23az;2497601 said:
Werder thinks what T.O. really wants is to know who Werder's sources are. "I think that's his frustration in all of this. He wants to know who in the locker room I talked to who obviously doesn't respect him and I won't ever tell him that."

So either there is a snitch or he just made stuff up and can't reveal someone because there isn't one. I don't see how it's positive either way.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
ajk23az;2497601 said:

As Werder shouldn't. If TO ever found out who Werder talked to, that could get REALLLLY bad.

JerryFan

Reaction score
ajk23az;2497601 said:

Finally caught up with ESPN's Eddie "Lightning Rod" Werder this afternoon to gauge his reaction about being called out by Terrell Owens on national TV during Sunday's post-game happy talk with NBC's Andrea Kremer.

T.O. went the double negative route with Kremer, accusing Werder "of a lack of unprofessionalism." Not to put Werder words in T.O.'s mouth but what he probably meant was "lack of professionalism."

So Mr. Werder how does it feel?
"I was shocked," Werder said. "I've been covering the Cowboys since 1989 and I have never been put in a position like that. It was a first."

When the two saw each other in the post-game news conference, Werder reports, "He called me a name but it wasn't a profanity."

Werder, it should be pointed out, was not the only reporter to deal with last week's series of Owens-related events. In fact, he wasn't the first to report the Owens-Roy Williams-Patrick Crayton trip to Jason Garrett's office. Nor was he the first to report on the alleged skirmish between T.O. and Witten. Werder's Thursday report was primarily on T.O.'s effect on Romo. In that report, he quoted Bradie James on his role in mediating and relied on unnamed sources.

To be honest that person is what we call around here a *****. He isn't a man thats for sure. If he were a man he would have spoken up during the team meeting, or even pull TO aside and talk to him about what he thinks is bad. Men don't go around talking to guys with a dirty mustache named Ed a man would confront the person they have a problem with. That shows lack of charecter and who wants that on their team.

RoadRunner

Reaction score
Sorry Werder, but you got owned. Your anonymous sources are contradicted by public statements. Public statements > anonymous cowards in any debate.

Werder is a tabloid reporter and nothing more. Werder is not very well liked in the DFW metroplex so maybe he should go report on another team for a while like the Lions or 49ers maybe.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
ajk23az;2497601 said:

T.O. went the double negative route with Kremer, accusing Werder "of a lack of unprofessionalism." Not to put Werder words in T.O.'s mouth but what he probably meant was "lack of professionalism."So Mr. Werder how does it feel?

:lmao2: That right there gives owens a shot at being a commentator like EMMITT.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
ajk23az;2497629 said:
As Werder shouldn't. If TO ever found out who Werder talked to, that could get REALLLLY bad.

Werder would lose instant credibility with almost every athlete in the NFL.

You never reveal your sources because players are watching Ed and if he snitches on his sources, they'll think they'll never be able to trust him.

Bizwah

Reaction score
I think Werder reported what his source said. I don't think he's made anything up.

I think his source was probably embellishing what was really going on. This leads me to believe that the player is someone that doesn't get a whole lot of attention, or someone that tends to exaggerate.

Where there's smoke there's fire. Something happened at VR last week. It wasn't probably as bad as ESPN wants to believe....it wasn't probably nothing as the Cowboys' brass wants us to believe.

This is the reason why I wish sports reporters would mainly stick to what happens on the field.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
JerryFan;2497632 said:
To be honest that person is what we call around here a *****. He isn't a man thats for sure. If he were a man he would have spoken up during the team meeting, or even pull TO aside and talk to him about what he thinks is bad. Men don't go around talking to guys with a dirty mustache named Ed a man would confront the person they have a problem with. That shows lack of charecter and who wants that on their team.

That's what some of us have been arguing all along.:eek:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Bizwah;2497662 said:
I think Werder reported what his source said. I don't think he's made anything up.

I think his source was probably embellishing what was really going on. This leads me to believe that the player is someone that doesn't get a whole lot of attention, or someone that tends to exaggerate.

Where there's smoke there's fire. Something happened at VR last week. It wasn't probably as bad as ESPN wants to believe....it wasn't probably nothing as the Cowboys' brass wants us to believe.

This is the reason why I wish sports reporters would mainly stick to what happens on the field.

Unfortunately, that's like wish we lived in neighborhoods where you can leave your door unlocked at night. As much as I pine for the old school days, they are a long a gone. :(

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
tyke1doe;2497667 said:
Unfortunately, that's like wish we lived in neighborhoods where you can leave your door unlocked at night. As much as I pine for the old school days, they are a long a gone. :(

Not only are my doors unlocked my keys are in my cars. It's not all dead yet.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ajk23az;2497601 said:
I hope TO called Werder a hack.

Priceless!

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
His best response, when asked about whether his sources were true:

"I don't think anyone would deliberately lie to me."

BHendri5

Reaction score
Bradie James will have a few words to say to Werder. I guarantee he does not like that ED is using him as a source. Mike has already talk with Ed last week and he asked ED how did he get Bradie to talk.
ED said he went up to Bradie and started out by buttering him up with his tackle stats, and then he slipped off into being a peacemaker but he made it out like he was talking about anyone on the team.

He will be answering to James soon.

Werder, is a liar, he sounds like it everytime I hear him.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Bizwah;2497662 said:

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Someone understands...

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2497703 said:
I hope TO called Werder a hack.

Priceless!

He actually called him a "chump". Not as good as a "hack", but accurate, nonetheless.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Owens is an idiot. He's making Werder more known than he would ever have been. He's actually doing the guy a favor.