DMN: Werder responds to TO's Post-game interview

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
Even if Werder is totally wrong, it's pretty dumb for a professional athlete to let a reporter get to their head, let alone show that they've gotten in their head.

Ultra Warrior

6 Million Light-years beyond believability.
Reaction score
Unnamed source = I can lie & it can never be proven, since invisible people don't exist.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
SultanOfSix;2497806 said:
I don't know. TO seems to tell the truth regardless of the consequences. I would put my money on Werder.

I do agree with this - TO does pretty much always tell the truth no matter what anyone will say. He wears his heart on his sleeve, which can be good or bad, but it's usually bad.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;2497953 said:
The parallels of Mr. Blue Suit and Templeton from the last season of 'The Wire' are stunning. This is just like McNulty confronting Templeton about his made up homeless serial killer.

YAKUZA
sorry for the 'The Wire' reference, but you should have been watching it anyway

:hammer:

You hit the hell out of the nail.

I betcha the spinless one have a pair of false teeth and red ribbon in his pockets, lol.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
It's looking more and more like Werder just straight up lied about this whole debacle

Dude's a disgrace to sports journalism

This is Our Year

Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike
Reaction score
Bizwah;2497662 said:
I think Werder reported what his source said. I don't think he's made anything up.

I think his source was probably embellishing what was really going on. This leads me to believe that the player is someone that doesn't get a whole lot of attention, or someone that tends to exaggerate.

Where there's smoke there's fire. Something happened at VR last week. It wasn't probably as bad as ESPN wants to believe....it wasn't probably nothing as the Cowboys' brass wants us to believe.

This is the reason why I wish sports reporters would mainly stick to what happens on the field.

I agree, I'm no Werder or BSPN fan, but I doubt he made up the story, in fact I would say their's about 0% chance he made the story up. The idea Werder "made up" this story is laughable to me........................

tyke1doe

Reaction score
YoMick;2498003 said:
I am not sure what you are "huh'ing" about?

A source close to the team... NOW its a player.
Pretty flippin' black and white if ya ask me.....

It was an odd response given it followed my post.

I don't care if it wasn't a player. My point was that if you as a reporter reveal your sources, you lose credibility - PERIOD. No one is going to trust you, not players, not front office people no one.

Oh, and wouldn't a player be a source close to the team? :confused:

Reaction score
ajk23az;2497601 said:
T.O. talked to NBC; Ed Werder talks here

3:31 PM Mon, Dec 15, 2008 | Permalink
Barry Horn E-mail News tips

Werder thinks what T.O. really wants is to know who Werder's sources are. "I think that's his frustration in all of this. He wants to know who in the locker room I talked to who obviously doesn't respect him and I won't ever tell him that."

Everyone knows its Bobby Carpenter... duh..

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
tyke1doe;2499227 said:
Oh, and wouldn't a player be a source close to the team? :confused:

nice try. :p: no.

"the team" - - "a source close to" it = two seperate entities.

"the car" - - "a person standing next to" it = just the car?