News: DMN: What was behind the 'weirdness' of Tony Romo's postgame interview

erod

Reaction score
Romo knows unequivocally he's the best quarterback in Dallas. This is killing him.

Yet, he's taken young Dak under his wing and been there any way he can be.

That's integrity. Few have it in this world.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, it's Cowlishaw, so there's that.. I can't find a more uninteresting columnist than him and Gosselin. Their articles are nothing, but petty click bait. Gosselin's only saving grace is that he votes for the HOF.
Somebody offer Cowlishaw a beer. Maybe he would make more sense if he got back on the sauce...

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Tim Cowlishaw made it seem like there was weirdness. He was the one asking the bigger picture (and possibly pot-stirring) questions and he is the one who wrote a pretty disrespectful article in the Dallas Morning News the next day because Romo didn't play along.
Cowlishaw was being a crybaby for not getting the answers he wanted. Romo just didn't take the bait.

In the article, Cowlishaw even went so far as to say Romo didn't improve his draft stock one single bit from that game.
He was coming after him in a condescending manner from multiple angles. Very petty.
Romo did the right thing in not feeding him any ammo.

Rule # 1 .... Never negotiate with the Press...... Use Mushroom management on them i.e Keep them in the Dark and feed them S..T :):)

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Tony is smart enough to know that the media would love nothing more than a QB controversy in Dallas for the playoffs.
Tony's proving there's more than one way to win a Superbowl.... While not being under center.

He's a great man, that Tony Romo.

He could make one simple statement and blow this thing right out of the water.

Appreciate what he's doing for this football team and how tough this ride is for him.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The only weirdness was the missing Cowboys/Sponsor background replaced by a dark black. Romo's final chapter has not been written and it won't be written with the Cowboys. What if it goes like this... Tony Romo leads the Denver Broncos to SB LII for a show down with the defending Champion Dallas Cowboys in Minnesota.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
The only weirdness was the missing Cowboys/Sponsor background replaced by a dark black. Romo's final chapter has not been written and it won't be written with the Cowboys. What if it goes like this... Tony Romo leads the Denver Broncos to SB LII for a show down with the defending Champion Dallas Cowboys in Minnesota.
If the Cowboys history over the last 20 years is any indication, it will probably be closer to, "Tony Romo stars as 6-0 Broncos flatten the hapless 1-5 Cowboys in their October Sunday night showdown."

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
If the Cowboys history over the last 20 years is any indication, it will probably be closer to, "Tony Romo stars as 6-0 Broncos flatten the hapless 1-5 Cowboys in their October Sunday night showdown."
That shows a lack of respect for the new QB sheriff in town. The Cowboys are the real deal now and will be contenders for along time.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
That shows a lack of respect for the new QB sheriff in town. The Cowboys are the real deal now and will be contenders for along time.
Or it just means I've been paying attention to the NFL, and in particular to how this franchise has followed up their successful seasons with stinkers.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Or it just means I've been paying attention to the NFL, and in particular to how this franchise has followed up their successful seasons with stinkers.
No, it's shallow thinking and doesn't take into account why things were the way they were in the past and how that is no longer the case.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
The so-called "weirdness" was simply a reflection of people acting like him taking the team down and scoring a TD in six or so plays was something out of the ordinary that it should have resulted in the sort of response that it did.

BigD16

Reaction score
I know Tony will play good wherever he goes. I just hope he doesn't get injured again. He deserves a legit shot at a super bowl.