News: DMN: Who are Cowboys going to pair with Dez Bryant? 10 WRs Dallas could target in the NFL draft

NewsBot

Reaction score
*** Message was removed by demand from DMN ***

Last edited by a moderator:

reddyuta

Reaction score
KD Cannon is an option in the later RDs ,i like his teammate Zammora(who plays like Dez) better but he wont even be considered because he hit his dog.Carlos Henderson,Darboh and the 2 LSU WRs are great options.

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
Still room on the Chris Godwin hype train with me guys...kid is going to be a beast.

He does look nice! What his height? What round is he expected to go in?

Almost worth drafting just to see a WR wear #12 lol very odd number for WR, considering how it's such a famous QB number lol

tm1119

Reaction score

Almost worth drafting just to see a WR wear #12 lol very odd number for WR, considering how it's such a famous QB number lol

He's listed at 6'1 205. He's a 2nd/3rd round guy as of right now. Combine will determine how early in the 2nd or how late into the 3rd/possibly 4th he goes.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score

80-89 are the primary numbers for the WRs.

10-19 are alternate numbers.

I'm not certain if you can use the alternate numbers unless there are no primary numbers left. I'd like to know.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
So many good #2 and slot receivers in this draft. I would really be surprised if we offer Williams a big contract, considering there are a dozen or receivers in this draft with his talent level or higher.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Still room on the Chris Godwin hype train with me guys...kid is going to be a beast.

Been on it for awhile. Think he's going to one of the more likely candidates for where he will go and where the Cowboys might take a WR.

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
He's listed at 6'1 205. He's a 2nd/3rd round guy as of right now. Combine will determine how early in the 2nd or how late into the 3rd/possibly 4th he goes.
Wouldn't mind a slip into the late 3rd lol

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
It's crazy. Neither list includes kids like Chad Hansen, Ryan Switzer, or Fred Ross. You might get a kid in the 4th that would be 2nd or 3rd rounder in most years.

I love that Edge, CB, and WR are deep in this draft. Just got to hit.

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
80-89 are the primary numbers for the WRs.

10-19 are alternate numbers.

I'm not certain if you can use the alternate numbers unless there are no primary numbers left. I'd like to know.
http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/index.nsf/Documents/0-jers-nums

U are right.

80 Rico Gathers
81 Andy Jones
82 some old TE
83 Twill (could leave)
84 James Hanna
85 looks open
86 looks open
87 Geoff Swiam
88 Dez
89 Gavin Escobar

Shaquelle Evans, McDuffie and Nwachkuwu are all WRs with no numbers yet. So looks like he could get #12, if JJ doesn't stop it. I think it'd be really cool seeing a WR wear it.

Plankton

Reaction score
http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/index.nsf/Documents/0-jers-nums

U are right.

80 Rico Gathers
81 Andy Jones
82 some old TE
83 Twill (could leave)
84 James Hanna
85 looks open
86 looks open
87 Geoff Swiam
88 Dez
89 Gavin Escobar

Shaquelle Evans, McDuffie and Nwachkuwu are all WRs with no numbers yet. So looks like he could get #12, if JJ doesn't stop it. I think it'd be really cool seeing a WR wear it.

No Cowboy player has worn #12 since 1979. That isn't going to change for obvious reasons.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
No Cowboy player has worn #12 since 1979. That isn't going to change for obvious reasons.

Officially they haven't retired the number but no one wears that even in TC.

Not sure about 74 but I don't think they give it out for roster players. Not sure about TC. Not sure about 54, 33 and 22 either. I've seen players with 22 at some point in TC but can't remember for the season.

DBOY3141

Reaction score

Not sure about 74 but I don't think they give it out for roster players. Not sure about TC. Not sure about 54, 33 and 22 either. I've seen players with 22 at some point in TC but can't remember for the season.
Jaylon Smith's official number is 54

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Retiring numbers, even unofficially, is silly sentimental nonsense. I like Michael Irvin's mindset. He wants to see his number out there still making plays.

gmoney112

Reaction score
I know he's a little bit shorter than we like usually, but i've become a fan of Carlos Henderson.

Go defense first two picks, Henderson in the 3rd, and pick up Fred Ross (the MSU connection with Dak would be invaluable to these young guys I think) in the 6th if he's there. Or maybe try and trade someone at some point to get that 5th.

Plankton

Reaction score

74 has been given out in camp. 33 has been worn by Jason Bell and Nathan Jones, amongst others, since Dorsett left the Cowboys. 22 hasn't been worn since Smith left Dallas, either. 54 has been worn by many undistinguished players since Randy White retired (Jesse Solomon, Anthony Fieldings, Bobby Carpenter, and now, Jaylon Smith).

#8 also hasn't been given out since Aikman retired.