News: DMN: Who are Cowboys going to pair with Dez Bryant? 10 WRs Dallas could target in the NFL draft

RS12

Reaction score
I know he's a little bit shorter than we like usually, but i've become a fan of Carlos Henderson.

Go defense first two picks, Henderson in the 3rd, and pick up Fred Ross (the MSU connection with Dak would be invaluable to these young guys I think) in the 6th if he's there. Or maybe try and trade someone at some point to get that 5th.
Yep, I think both of these guys at those spots would help a lot. I dont want to pay TWill any kind of big money. Archer said yesterday the FO and staff like him better than we thought, so.............

ghst187

Reaction score
I want Corey Davis but suspect we will get fred Ross two rounds too early

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
80-89 are the primary numbers for the WRs.

10-19 are alternate numbers.

I'm not certain if you can use the alternate numbers unless there are no primary numbers left. I'd like to know.
I don't think there is any restriction in terms of using the alternate numbers.

When they cut to 53, there are normally 5 WRs and 3 TEs. There are 10 numbers in the 80-89 range which means that any rookies wearing the alternate could be forced to change numbers if the NFL wanted to do it that way. Even if they had 6 WRs and 4 TEs, that's still only 10 total. The practice squad guys all get cut before joining the practice squad so their numbers are not relevant at the time of the cut to 53.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I don't think there is any restriction in terms of using the alternate numbers.

When they cut to 53, there are normally 5 WRs and 3 TEs. There are 10 numbers in the 80-89 range which means that any rookies wearing the alternate could be forced to change numbers if the NFL wanted to do it that way. Even if they had 6 WRs and 4 TEs, that's still only 10 total. The practice squad guys all get cut before joining the practice squad so their numbers are not relevant at the time of the cut to 53.

Yeah, I don't remember seeing alternate numbers except in the 'old' days when some were grandfathered. You see an occasional WR who is a QB as well wearing a low number but I think the league has made them move to a receiver number when not a full time QB. Not positive about that though.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
I want Corey Davis but suspect we will get fred Ross two rounds too early
If Fred Ross is the 4th round pick, 1 of 2 things happened. Either we lied about our BPA strategy or our scouts wet the bed on his evaluation. Ross isn't a 4th round prospect.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
I personally want to see us draft Stacy Coley... That kid has deep speed and terrific hands.

rambo2

Reaction score
They should target Kupp in the 2nd round. He would be an awesome player for them.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know he's a little bit shorter than we like usually, but i've become a fan of Carlos Henderson.

Go defense first two picks, Henderson in the 3rd, and pick up Fred Ross (the MSU connection with Dak would be invaluable to these young guys I think) in the 6th if he's there. Or maybe try and trade someone at some point to get that 5th.
Herderson in the 3rd would be a good pick, IMO.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Sign me up for Taywan Taylor. I've watched him for his whole career. Great speed and as productive as any WR in college.