Do Cowboys need to consider firing OL coach Paul Alexander?

waving monkey

Reaction score
Thus far, the Dallas Cowboys’ 2018 season has been a herky-jerky ride that has left the organization at a crossroads.

Now sitting at 3-4, the Cowboys head into the Week 8 bye with more questions than answers. In this series, we’ll look at the four biggest questions surrounding the team as they move into their second-half of the schedule.

Part 1: How big of an impact can Cooper’s have on the passing game?
Part 2: Is it time for Paul Alexander to go?
Part 3: Is Dak Prescott a viable long-term solution?
Part 4: How many wins does Jason Garrett need to return?
https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/20...nsive-line-woes-new-philosophy-frank-pollack/

Sydla

Reaction score
Sure.

But firing him alone is just chair shuffling on the Titanic at this point. If the two idiot Jones feel the need to have to fire a couple more offensive assistants this year, then it's a clear sign they are just now in complete and utter protection mode with Garrett.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Oh goodness. Another can of sorts. This post just opens up the floodgates about everything that is wrong with the team.

Here come the positive comments.

I say no to the question.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Thus far, the Dallas Cowboys’ 2018 season has been a herky-jerky ride that has left the organization at a crossroads.

Now sitting at 3-4, the Cowboys head into the Week 8 bye with more questions than answers. In this series, we’ll look at the four biggest questions surrounding the team as they move into their second-half of the schedule.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/20...nsive-line-woes-new-philosophy-frank-pollack/
Dak is on pace for 52 sacks, but I'm sure people would rather blame the oline for not giving him more time.

Until I see Dak adjust to the blitz, hot route and/or motion a receiver and stop holding the ball when 3 of the 5 receivers are open I simply cannot focus on the offensive line. This isn't dismissing them as a problem, I just feel the bigger problem is the QB not helping them out. I said last year the blame for the offense is going to the line in 2018, predictable.

And if the oline was a bigger problem than the receivers why didn't we trade our 1st round pick for OL instead? And then why not discuss whether or not the receivers coach should be fired? It just seems silly to keep putting blame everywhere but where it's obvious.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
On one of the podcasts, Nick Eatman alluded to there being disappointment within the ranks in both the locker room and front office concerning Alexander's coaching.

blueblood70

Reaction score
No we are past this mid season type firings..let them all ride and fire them ALL at seasons end..yes eve Ricard im tired of all the patch work Staffs..you let the new HC HIRE ALL OF HIS STAFF. Sure Ricard deserves an interview for the HC and DC postions with the new HC but in NO WAY should Jerry and Stephen have any power to force any of these guys on the new HC..its been going on way too long..they fired all the assistants already kept OC and DC and HC..its not working..let this play out and clean house for 2020

blueblood70

Reaction score

NO to all

BUT cooper can be a an impact for 2020 with other options as scheme and a creative OC etc Dak will most likely be here 2019 on his last year as 2019 is very weak class for QBs but 202 might be loaded..BUT even Dak along with coper and the rest of the offense will have final test to prove themselves with an all new young creative staff..you do NOT extend Dak at all..revisit signing after 2019..whats the rush Washington let Cousins wait wait and let him walk.. Daks not cousins so he wont even be sought after for 2020 so no rush just let his play in 2019 and his market be set ..Garetts got to be fired no matter what..

glimmerman

Reaction score
I have heard that he is having the O-Line doing different techniques than the other line coaches previous. Sounds like he should have left it alone. I would fire him.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The Bengal piano playing coach.

Get that guy out of here.

Our tackles have been absolutely AWFUL and 90% of it is MENTAL MISTAKES!

People are asking if Tyron is done because he blocks the wrong guy or is late identifying who to block most of the time.

This coach is a joke.

San Jay Lal? Joke.

At least we got Kris Richard. He makes it worth taking on all of these other scrub coaches from bad teams.

glimmerman

Reaction score
The Bengal piano playing coach.

Get that guy out of here.

Our tackles have been absolutely AWFUL and 90% of it is MENTAL MISTAKES!

People are asking if Tyron is done because he blocks the wrong guy or is late identifying who to block most of the time.

This coach is a joke.

San Jay Lal? Joke.

At least we got Kris Richard. He makes it worth taking on all of these other scrub coaches from bad teams.
I knew this move was a mistake. Why would you get rid of a line coach that has helped make them the best. Should have given him a raise. Kept him.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
No we are past this mid season type firings..let them all ride and fire them ALL at seasons end..yes eve Ricard im tired of all the patch work Staffs..you let the new HC HIRE ALL OF HIS STAFF. Sure Ricard deserves an interview for the HC and DC postions with the new HC but in NO WAY should Jerry and Stephen have any power to force any of these guys on the new HC..its been going on way too long..they fired all the assistants already kept OC and DC and HC..its not working..let this play out and clean house for 2020

This, I am cool with letting them ride out this storm and letting them all go at season's end.