Do Cowboys Still Have a Super Bowl Window?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Above average defense
Playmaker WRs
Productive rookies
With this group? No Super Bowl window.
Exhibit A: Jerry is faced with 21 FAs in 2022. He's got a handful of overpaid, lackadaisical players who tie his hands with new talent.
Think of next year as 1990 and Jimmy bringing in busloads of cheap camp fodder that hyield a few nuggets.
We can't afford much more than that, lads.

cowboyec

Reaction score
yes.
large majority of this team is still under 30.
its a young,ascending team that should only get better.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Unfortunately, its a small bathroom size window, with the obscure glass you can't see through. Our best and only good Olineman is already 31, CeeDee and Amari do their impression of the invisible men in big time games, Zeke is slow, injured and a FB. Dak is Dak, has reached his ceiling and if you want a SB championship then you need a more capable, accurate and intelligent QB who can read defenses. Speaking of defenses, ours is Parsons, Diggs and the 9 dwarfs. And Big Mike will never fit through that window anyway.

Praxit

Reaction score
...comes down to the draft and who ends up coaching. Do we acquire the right guys in draft? Do we extend the right ones? Coaching carousel is happening every year in Dallas, just about.

Last year for MM. Does Moore exit? DQ stay or goes? So many variables to mention.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Well, I'm standing next to a mountain
Chop it down with the edge of my hand

Dear Abby
We were sitting in the back seat just shooting the breeze
With her hair up in curlers and her pants to her knees
Signed, Just Married

plasticman

Reaction score
That window was boarded up as soon as they gave those contracts to Lawrence, Collins, Tyron, Zeke, and Dak.

IrishAnto

Reaction score
I agree.

Only a new coach or QB could make a noticeable impact
The only thing that will make a real impact is a change at the very top i.e. GM, CEO.
That's not going to happen, so changing the HC for the 7th time in the last 27 years is a waste of time.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Above average defense
Playmaker WRs
Productive rookies

Absolutely!!!!

fall-jump-out-of-the-window.gif

Adreme

Reaction score
Above average defense
Playmaker WRs
Productive rookies

That is what they had this year. Next year you lose 2/3 of those WRs and multiple pieces of the above-average defense so on offense you are left with Ceedee "stone hands" Lamb an aging LT, a great G, and 3 bums on the OLine. Meanwhile on defense you have Parsons, Law, and no one else of note left in the front 7 and 2 easily beatable corners on the backend.

Flamma

Reaction score
If they can figure out why this offense craps the bed against any team with a pulse, they'd be dangerous.

Down 30-0 to Denver.
Scored 9 points against KC
Down 17-6 against the Raiders.
Down 22-7 against Arizona
Down 13-0 against the 49ers in the playoffs.

Our offense is crap unless we're playing Washington, Philly, Saints, Atlanta. C'mon now, losing is one thing, but to continually be punched in the mouth coming out of the gate, then try to scramble to catch up to ultimately lose, it's getting old. I think Dallas won one game that way, last year against Atlanta on a fluke onsides kick recovery.

starcity214

Reaction score
yes.
large majority of this team is still under 30.
its a young,ascending team that should only get better.

Lol as if we're the only "young" team in the league lol
People forget how fast windows close. I remember thinking in 07 that we had 10 years left to archive a SB win and we all know how that went. This was probably the best team Dak will have in his career unless he decides to pull a Brady and help the team out his next contract but i seriously doubt that will happen.

Sad times.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Niners went 6-10, 4-12, then 13-3 and to the SB in 2019. Same for TB(5-11, 7-9, SB).
With parity and free agency, windows close but also open quickly.

both of those examples came with major changes in both Head Coach and GM. If McCarthy isn’t Fired by now, he’s likely sticking around for next year.

As for the second point, this is the umpteenth year in a row that Jerry has said Dallas isn’t interested in being big players in free agency. Take the same team, shed some talent to make it under Salary Cap, hope next year plays out different.