Do Cowboys Still Have a Super Bowl Window?

NotForLong

Reaction score
Unfortunately, its a small bathroom size window, with the obscure glass you can't see through. Our best and only good Olineman is already 31, CeeDee and Amari do their impression of the invisible men in big time games, Zeke is slow, injured and a FB. Dak is Dak, has reached his ceiling and if you want a SB championship then you need a more capable, accurate and intelligent QB who can read defenses. Speaking of defenses, ours is Parsons, Diggs and the 9 dwarfs. And Big Mike will never fit through that window anyway.
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao:0

vig454

Reaction score
SO , JUST TO BE SURE. Do we still have a chance to win the Superbowl this year? Yeah or Nah?:facepalm::facepalm::(:(

cowboyec

Reaction score
Lol as if we're the only "young" team in the league lol
People forget how fast windows close. I remember thinking in 07 that we had 10 years left to archive a SB win and we all know how that went. This was probably the best team Dak will have in his career unless he decides to pull a Brady and help the team out his next contract but i seriously doubt that will happen.

Sad times.
lol.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
This year was the year.

Dak's contract will now start to have an affect on the roster.

So, to answer your question, no, as long as Dak is the QB this team does not have a Super Bowl window.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At this point, we don't even know what the team will look like with coaching or the roster. Too many unknowns at this time.

The SB window is in a house with more windows. We don't know the makeup of the other NFC teams yet. Do Rodgers and Wilson stay with their teams? LAR, SF, AZ, GB, TB, do they go up or down?

Is the window open for winning the East there this year should be the first question? For 18 seasons, a team has thought they were the defending East champ only to miss the playoffs, most of the time.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Nope. You need a QB, offensive line, consistent running game, wide receivers with speed to burn, a defence that doesn’t choke in big games and a head coach…does not sound like a super bowl calibre team to me…

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
It's all my fault guys.

On January 28, 1996, the Cowboys' lead over the Steelers in the Super Bowl was down to three points. A young me said out loud "just let the Cowboys win this game and I don't care if they ever win another Super Bowl". Then Larry Brown picked off Neil O'Donnell again, Emmitt scored, and Dallas won.

If any divine football entity was listening, I hereby retract that statement.

It's all your fault then. LOL.

Flamma

Reaction score
both of those examples came with major changes in both Head Coach and GM. If McCarthy isn’t Fired by now, he’s likely sticking around for next year.

As for the second point, this is the umpteenth year in a row that Jerry has said Dallas isn’t interested in being big players in free agency. Take the same team, shed some talent to make it under Salary Cap, hope next year plays out different.

The 2020 season was a nightmare for any coaching staff, let alone for a new coach. This year was pretty much his first normal year. He goes 12-5. Anything short of BigMac going to the press and calling Jerry a bum! He's not getting fired. If Dallas posts another 12 win season, get comfortable saying coach McCarthy, because Dallas hasn't posted back to back double digit win seasons since '95 and '96.

Zman5

Reaction score
both of those examples came with major changes in both Head Coach and GM. If McCarthy isn’t Fired by now, he’s likely sticking around for next year.

As for the second point, this is the umpteenth year in a row that Jerry has said Dallas isn’t interested in being big players in free agency. Take the same team, shed some talent to make it under Salary Cap, hope next year plays out different.

Point of my post is that the "window" CAN open quickly. It doesn't mean it will without making any changes.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
With this current coaching staff no. And our best coach is a out to leave.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Above average defense
Playmaker WRs
Productive rookies
we wont know till next TC, they will lose many FA, have to sign new ones, draft players, then see what they have.
but if they still have mike and kellen, the answer is no.

Add to that if they lose quinn and some of the players, then even bigger no.

The window only looked open this year, but the 2 bozo coaches, kellen and mike could not open the window enough to get thru it.

In fact SF rudely slammed the window on those 2 bozo's necks lol or maybe they slammed it on themselves !
picture the 3 stooges trying to get thru a door or window, they always had issues. Same for kellen and mike woo woo woo.
they almost are a comedy act.:D