Do most of you see us as a playoff team?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I personally do not see us as such. Seems as if many of you do. Voice opinion?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:

Yes I do main reason the NFL is not what it once was. As bad as things were last year we still had a shot at the playoffs until we lost to New Orleans. We had 2 teams finish 8-8 and made the Playoffs. (Min and St. Louis)

Eddie

Reaction score
We're a 6-10 team until we prove otherwise.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
NO!

Too many changes...

There are some that think the new players are gonna come in and play well right away...Sorry ain't happening folks...

1) If one Rook does manage to do so consider it a major success...

2) If half the FA's play up to their hype consider that a major success...

3) If three-quarters of the over 30 crowd are able to stay on the field all season consider that a major success...

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Unless we suffer some catastrophic injuries, I definitely see us in the playoffs this year. We have improved in so many areas on both sides of the ball, I fail to see how we wouldn't be considered a playoff team.

Heck, just getting our guys back from IR should make us 8-8, add in our FA signings and we should be 10-6. Depending on how some of our draft picks pan out this year we could easily be 11-5 or 12-4.

Champsheart

Reaction score
I see us as a Playoff Contender, and if we stay healthy we should make it.

Reasons - We are way more talented. We should be better at QB, RB, O-Line, D-Line and Secondary.

Wrath of Parcells! I see no way last year happens again under his watch.

I do have some worries on how fast the rookies will catch on, but if you look at Parcells history he really seems to be able to get Rookies playing well quickly.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I think we're in that great gray middle ground. We now have the talent to be a playoff team, but will it all come together, especially when making so many changes? If it does and we get the right breaks, we're in. But I wouldn't be too surprised if we went 7-9, either.

dboyz

Reaction score
I think we're a playoff contender, certainly not a lock for the playoffs. I see us getting 9-10 wins, more with some breaks, less with some adversity. I would be very disappointed if we're not competing for a playoff spot the last month of the season.

Eddie

Reaction score
Funny, go over to the Skins forum and we laugh at them for thinking they're a playoff team.

Unfortunately, when the come over here, they laugh at us for thinking WE are a playoff team.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab said:
I think we're in that great gray middle ground. We now have the talent to be a playoff team, but will it all come together, especially when making so many changes? If it does and we get the right breaks, we're in. But I wouldn't be too surprised if we went 7-9, either.

Clear, concise, "I'm on the fence." LOL.....

I don't blame you though. I kinda fell the same way. Only difference being that I lean more twords 7-9 then I do toword playoff contender but hey, it could happen.

k19

Reaction score
I see us as a very strong contender for a Wild card spot. Anything more is all the better though

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Champsheart said:
I do have some worries on how fast the rookies will catch on, but if you look at Parcells history he really seems to be able to get Rookies playing well quickly.

Fortunately, the rookies we will be counting on to step in and contribute right away are at positions where that is relatively easy to do, DE & LB, so I don't see this as a big problem. If this were a WR, OL, or QB we were talking about then I would be more concerned but DEs routinely come in and do well as rookies.

Plus Spears was widely considered the most ready of all the DLs coming out this year. Ware will have some growing pains as he learns to play OLB instead of DE but even that shouldn't be too big a deal and we do have other LBs that could play if needed. Burnett should be OK at OLB since he isn't changing positions but just making the adjustment to the faster NFL game and the more complex reads than what he had to make in college.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:

why couldnt we be? this team isnt w/o talent and we've had a solid offseason...if they can finish 10-6 with the crap we had on this team two yrs ago, they absolutely can finish 10-6 or 11-5 with this group

David

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
I'm cautiously optimistic. A lot of things have to fall into place. But if they do, look out. The conference championship is not out of the question, let alone the playoffs.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Zaxor said:
NO!

Too many changes...

There are some that think the new players are gonna come in and play well right away...Sorry ain't happening folks...

1) If one Rook does manage to do so consider it a major success...

2) If half the FA's play up to their hype consider that a major success...

3) If three-quarters of the over 30 crowd are able to stay on the field all season consider that a major success...

some things to consider:

Wiley was terrible at RDE, almost non existant...surely Spears and Ware will at least duplicate his misery and most likely improve over what he did...Marco Rivera is a substantial upgrade to the OL...Anthony Henry may or may not be a good or solid CB, but he will certainly be better than late round draft picks, undrafted rookies and guys who were claimed off the street...Terry Glenn missed almost all of last yr and is back now...Julius Jones missed half of last yr and is available now...Jason Ferguson is alot better DT than Leo Carson is...then there's Bledsoe, while I am skeptical of how good he will be, it is hard for me to believe that he cant be an improvement over QC or VT with the supporting cast we have...

David

Roughneck

Reaction score
Eddie said:
Funny, go over to the Skins forum and we laugh at them for thinking they're a playoff team.

Unfortunately, when the come over here, they laugh at us for thinking WE are a playoff team.
And they're idiotic for doing so. We not only had the better team last year (proven on the field twice last season), we had by far and away the better offseason/draft.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab said:

Agreed about having aquired some talent ...see no way they can put it all together in 4 months... new coaches... new schemes..new players...old players playing new positions...etc..

and the clincher for me....<drum roll please> Bledsoe <blech>:ralph:

just say no to FOB's

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Eddie said:

We have made far more significant upgrades than the Commanders. Plus we will be getting some guys back from injury that really hurt us last season (Campbell & Glenn in particular as well as having Julius from the start).

Even discounting the rookies we still made major additions at key positions of weakness last year with Ferguson, Henry, Aaron Glenn, Bledsoe, and Rivera.

The Skins didn't really add anyone of note in FA and in fact lost some of their best defensive players in Smoot and Pierce.

In the draft they didn't add anyone they will be counting on this year except for Rogers so I don't see that they did much in the offseason to improve their team while we made significant upgrades.

No comparison IMO.