Do our players need to have a meeting before the season to solve issues?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Look I hate to beat a dead horse (where's that emoji)
However there likely are many players on this team who don't trust the QB to win BIG games.
No meeting can fix that.
Of course they will all say the right things. However, having played DT back in the dark ages I can tell you when the offense does a 3 and out, or a turnover you tend to get pissed off. When you begin to expect it, you want the problem gone
The more flamboyant personnel will begin to make comments as frustration sets in. Discontent in the locker room follows.
I think our QB would be a blast to hang with, and fun teammate.
But he ain't going to cut it with this year's schedule.

Bottom line: you can have all the meetings you want, but it won't change the outcome .
Everyone who's payed attention over the years HAS TO REALIZE THIS BY NOW.
Very good points, but can you continue to have these things being talked about in the media as they are? There has to be a point where they speak about these issues among each other and leave the media out of it

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I do not believe the players nor management believe there are any issues. All kinds of statistical records are being broken. Talk of MVP candidates. Massive contracts will be handed out. Franchise value at all time high. This franchise could not be any more successful than it already is.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Please give your thoughts
Here are my thoughts....and I'd like to hear your thoughts on my thoughts, and other's thoughts on THOSE thoughts.

Yeah.. .they need a PLAYERS ONLY MEETING.

No coaches.

No clothes.

Just Lion suits. We want them like a pack of lions.

GROWLING. Always GROWLING.

I'll bet other teams would fear us if they saw us growling. Micah growling.

And ALSO let's trade all of our crap players and Dak for multiple 1st rounders each. They may suck...but other teams want what WE have. ....and will pay anything to get it. We could end up with 50 first round picks in this year alone. Schoonmaker: 1st rd pick. BigFatWothlessMazi: 2 first rounders. BOOM.

GreenBay was scared of us in the playoffs...but THE REFS helped them squeak by. SanFran will be a-scart of us if they see is roaming around like a pack of wild lions! Eating raw meat and growling!

Micah is hungry and ready to eat! !!!!PLAYERS ONLY MEETING !!!!!!

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
The only reason our idiot players would get together is for a podcast or to sell protein powder. No one is going to hold each other accountable. You might as well forget that now and move on.
I could see them getting together for a Bachelorette Season Finale watch party, and trying on cute Lion outfits and growling. Dont you?

Pevansjr

Reaction score
These are grown men being paid millions of dollars a year in many cases to play a game for 6 months, something an average guy would give his left nut to be able to do. I just can't relate to the notion they can't seem to get motivated and need to have meetings to air their grievances. Maybe the coaches should start celebrating Festivus.
I'm not knocking the op just airing out my grievances.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Wow .......... the negativity from the fans has really escalated this off season.

And it only took 28 years .......

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
These are grown men being paid millions of dollars a year in many cases to play a game for 6 months, something an average guy would give his left nut to be able to do. I just can't relate to the notion they can't seem to get motivated and need to have meetings to air their grievances. Maybe the coaches should start celebrating Festivus.
why the left, is the right TOO tired??????

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
There's been some chatter from players and their families in the last few weeks. Do we need to have an in house meeting with our players to solve these issues, so they're not taken into the season? Do we need to establish new leaders in the locker room, or keep it how it is? Please give your thoughts
do we have the leaders on the team to hold this type of meeting. that's a pre-requisite. you don't hold a meeting to establish new leaders.
these intend to have players hold each other accountable. they are not accountable at all. so it would be meaningless.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
do we have the leaders on the team to hold this type of meeting. that's a pre-requisite. you don't hold a meeting to establish new leaders.
these intend to have players hold each other accountable. they are not accountable at all. so it would be meaningless.
May be time that someone else other than 90 and 4 do the talking, maybe #11 if he can get himself together and a VET we bring in this off season

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
May be time that someone else other than 90 and 4 do the talking, maybe #11 if he can get himself together and a VET we bring in this off season
#11 needs to act like a leader, before becoming a leader. right now he is focused on podcast, popularity and getting defensive and pointing out flaws about his teammates. do people in the locker room see him a leader?
best players aren't necessarily leaders. they may just be good players.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
therein lies the problem. these players are not focused on winning, being champions. they are focused on making millions. just like the owner.

a players only meeting sounds of desperation. often for in trouble teams and often not leading anywhere.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
These players are amazing at what they do. This ownership is amazing at what they do. The only reason to get together and meet would be to congratulate each other on a job well done.