Do our poor starts in games bug U?

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
This team has excellent talent on offense,, it had to have been the scheme.
I love that fish.

Now I want some catfish for dinner.

That thing is so big. Did it eat your dog or something?

I know everything in Texas is big. But really.

Yeah..the scheme.

I will have to think about that..hmm.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Well you have the wall of Dallas, Dak, Zeke, Witten, Jarwin, Coop, Gallup and Cobb. Glass cannon offense that failed so often in big moments.

I think Moore is gone if that's the case again this year.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Ok..

Not trying to flood your fan enjoyment with too many questions..but .

Does the fact that it takes a long time for our offense to get up to speed and score early on bother you?

Who is responsible for this glitch?

HC

OC

QB

?

It's a severe problem we do not speak of much.

But it's been happening alot post 2016.

In that year, we scored early, controlled the clock and took the air out of games and it was a beautiful thing.

We have completely lost that. I did not add Garrett to the above as he has moved on. But it did seem that he preferred to play games close into the 4th qt .

I never understood it. It was like Garrett being a QB wanted the game in the end to be up to the QB. I know that does not sound realistic..but still.

So how do you guys see that?

Comments, solutions, kick the can.

The question should be did our poor starts in games bug us. They clearly did they were a number of threads week after week with fans voicing their displeasure over the slow starts. Hopefully a new head coach and a new season will change that.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
giphy.gif
Nice.

So I can read YOUR answers.

It would be totally redundant to read my answers.

I know my answers. And I agree with them.

How very convenient for me.

But you..?

You are a horse of a different color.

Batman1980

Reaction score
I think it's going to be a culture shock for all the men in Dallas who've never known a coach other than soft yes-man Garrett. Shame this pandemic happened, McCarthy's stamp on this team would be more evident by now.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I think it's going to be a culture shock for all the men in Dallas who've never known a coach other than soft yes-man Garrett. Shame this pandemic happened, McCarthy's stamp on this team would be more evident by now.
Correct.

We really are not hearing much.

No interviews or announcements of the FAs we have signed, etc.

I would like MM to be more visible and running the show as opposed to Jerrah.

Of course, Jerrah is probably out on his yatch in quarantine and MM is locked out of the Star because of the illness.

Yawn.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was a problem in a number of games last year, but it hasn't been a historical problem, so I'm not going to worry about it for now. If it proves to be a problem again in 2020 I can worry about it then.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I love that fish.

Now I want some catfish for dinner.

That thing is so big. Did it eat your dog or something?

I know everything in Texas is big. But really.

Yeah..the scheme.

I will have to think about that..hmm.
I bet he probably ate a dog, and that fish wasn't from Texas.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Well you have the wall of Dallas, Dak, Zeke, Witten, Jarwin, Coop, Gallup and Cobb. Glass cannon offense that failed so often in big moments.

I think Moore is gone if that's the case again this year.
I think by the break MM takes over calling plays..

in order to get to the playoffs.

I just did not see evidence when he was assisting Linehan that he was doing anything.

And last year..Kitna probably had more to do than being given for Daks improvement.

But Kitna is gone and Moore stayed. Kitna had a much better track record at the NFL than Moore ever sniffed.

So I think possibly MM did not get all that right with the changes.

We will see.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
With the exception of a few years, I have become accustomed to slow starts. It’s what I expect after the past 2 decades.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Ok..

Does the fact that it takes a long time for our offense to get up to speed and score early on bother you?

HC

OC

QB

?

In that year, we scored early, controlled the clock and took the air out of games and it was a beautiful thing.

We have completely lost that. I did not add Garrett to the above as he has moved on. But it did seem that he preferred to play games close into the 4th qt .

I never understood it. It was like Garrett being a QB wanted the game in the end to be up to the QB. I know that does not sound realistic..but still.

Poor starts was a specialty of the Garrett era. It combines poor preparation, poor motivation, and toxic complacency. It was a big problem for many years but largely ignored by the drunken narcissist in charge.

I believe McCarthy will fix this.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
How about scoring a TD on the first drive and then no more points after?

Losing the game bugs me...period.

This stands out to me. We would have a really great opening drive to score and then the other team would make adjustments and we were going to score this until they started playing softer on defense. I blame both coaches and players.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes the poor starts bother me....almost as much as the losses.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Ok..

HC

OC

QB

?

naw it doesn't bother me, dak got his stats and that's all that matters, other than him being paid the most in the nfl. who cares about the team.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Ok..

HC

OC

QB

?

New coach = clean slate when it comes to poor starts. Let's see if MM can make a difference.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Poor starts was a specialty of the Garrett era. It combines poor preparation, poor motivation, and toxic complacency. It was a big problem for many years but largely ignored by the drunken narcissist in charge.

I believe McCarthy will fix this.
Hopefully agreed.

I just do not assume it becuz Garrett is gone.

Moore is still here and either he or Dak are complicit.

And of course, they both remain.

Preparation has been said is an issue. Also coaching.

I have said the players are just not very hungry to succeed overall.

It will take seeing games but that that is just what strikes me.