Do people really believe there is a better option than Dak this year?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
His numbers that year look like top end Dak numbers.

Your first sentence doesn't isn't clear. Are you saying Dak's teams with much better talent did better than crappy teams? Duh. That's why they are poor compatison tools.

Compare like to like and you see no advantage with Dak.
his stats in 2017 with Vikings was 3547, 22, 7

Dak in 2016 as a rookie had 3667, 23, 4. in 2019 4902, 30, 11...his worst year when we had injuries on the OL and missed zeke, he had 3324, 22, 13

so how is that year look like top end Dak? :huh:

the results from cowboys has been better than all the other teams case keenum has been leading except for the one year with minnesotta….

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Sounds like about half as much help as Dak has in a typical year. Thanks for trying.
Anytime you want to count up the All-Pros let me know, but we know Dak slobberers run and hide from that game.
half as much help? can you point me to the year in the past 4 years we had a #1 defense? #1 scoring defense? thanks

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Can you point me to the year that Case Keenum had 3 first team All-Pro linemen and a 1st team All-Pro running back? Thanks.

the year Dak had those, he went 13-3 with a sieve for defense that couldn't keep leads. give me a defense and I will show you a team that goes far into the playoffs, like SF.....with grapolo!

so all in all you are arguing Case Keenum is better than Dak? is that your point?

garyo1954

Reaction score
What year was it the Cowboys had a 4th quarter red zone QB who threw 4 TDs, 9 incomplete, 6 stopped short of the goal line and took one sack?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
the year Dak had those, he went 13-3 with a sieve for defense that couldn't keep leads. give me a defense and I will show you a team that goes far into the playoffs, like SF.....with grapolo!

so all in all you are arguing Case Keenum is better than Dak? is that your point?

He still has those lineman and that all-pro RB. Our O-Line was ranked pretty dang high this year. 8-8

mattjames2010

Reaction score
thanks you...we ranked pretty high offensively....so why were we 8-8? perhaps coaching....defense? special teams?

What about the defense? They aren't elite, they aren't great, they are good. Our offense starting slowly was a huge problem in most of our losses.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score

The point is that both guys can do good things with support... and that Dak has had much, much more support.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
What about the defense? They aren't elite, they aren't great, they are good. Our offense starting slowly was a huge problem in most of our losses.

Worst special teams in the NFL in several categories last season - it matters.

Defense? The Bears put up their highest point total of the season against the Cowboys and all anyone complained about that night was the offense. :rolleyes:

kskboys

Reaction score
Sounds like about half as much help as Dak has in a typical year. Thanks for trying.
Anytime you want to count up the All-Pros let me know, but we know Dak slobberers run and hide from that game.
I can't figure out if you're being sarcastic or just don't get it.

Do you rate how good a team is by counting their all pro's? I find that very weird.

Hold it....you're calling me a Dak slobberer? Man, you are out of touch.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Umm.. Keenum's best year 2017 he had 22 TDs which ties for Dak's WORST year in that department. That was also his best year in completion percentage at 67.6.. which would rank third behind Dak's best two year. Dak has thrown more TDs 97-75 in fewer games.. He has also thrown for more yards and fewer INTs (36-47).. His yards per attempt for his career is 7.6 compared to 6.9 for Keenum. There really is no objective measure where Keenum exceeds Dak. Well except losing.. He is 8 games below .500 for his career while Dak is 16 games above. They have played nearly the same number of games (64-67) and attempted close to the same number of passes (2071-2091) yet Dak has way more of the good stuff and way less of the bad stuff than Keenum.. Minnesota thought so much of him after their magical one year run in 2017 with him that they jettisoned him at the next exit. If the Cowboys jettison Dak then and only then can we discuss him and Keenum being on the same level.
I was speaking to overall efficiency not quantity. Eli can have high qty.

The rest is you comparing crap teams vs good teams...proving my point.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
his stats in 2017 with Vikings was 3547, 22, 7

Dak in 2016 as a rookie had 3667, 23, 4. in 2019 4902, 30, 11...his worst year when we had injuries on the OL and missed zeke, he had 3324, 22, 13

so how is that year look like top end Dak? :huh:

the results from cowboys has been better than all the other teams case keenum has been leading except for the one year with minnesotta….

What part of the rest of the teams sucking do you not get?

I was talking efficiency overall. Do you think Winston in 2019 was better than Keenum in 2017 as well?

In 2019, Dak had a 5.0 TD% (thanks garbage time for some of that), slightly better than Keenum's 4.6% in 2017. Keenum had a 1.5 INT%, slightly better than Dak's 1.8%.
Dak had a better 8.2 YPA (again, thanks Garbage time). Keenum had a solid 7.4%
Dak had a 99.7 passer rating to Case's 98.3. Keenum had a 74.3 QBR (Dak people seem to love this stat) to Dak's 71.2.

Dak's numbers are better in some areas, and Keenum's in others. And Dak had better talent and garbage time that Keenum did not.

Last edited:

Kevinicus

Reaction score
The point is that both guys can do good things with support... and that Dak has had much, much more support.
Not sure why this is so hard for many to grasp.

Too many people stuck in the myth that QBs do everything (at least every good thing when it's a QB they like, or every bad thing when it's a QB they dislike.).

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Yeah, 3,547 yds and only 22 TD's screams bus driver. Oh, and the #1 D in the NFL.

No doubt that's what Keenum is. But that's not much different than what we have now.

One would cost much less than the other.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
the year Dak had those, THE COWBOYS went 13-3 with a sieve for defense that couldn't keep leads. give me a defense and I will show you a team that goes far into the playoffs, like SF.....with grapolo!

FIFY & Thanks for making the point for us again.

Nobody (I don't think) has said Keenum is a better player. We're only talking VALUE.

He may be a better player though. I'd be curious to see him with the 2019 Cowboys offensive talent.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
I can't figure out if you're being sarcastic or just don't get it.

Do you rate how good a team is by counting their all pro's? I find that very weird.

Hold it....you're calling me a Dak slobberer? Man, you are out of touch.
I find it weird that you think it's weird that good teams have good players on it. It's certainly more objective than going by brain dead Dak slobberers saying that Keenum has played on better teams "just because".

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Worst special teams in the NFL in several categories last season - it matters.

Defense? The Bears put up their highest point total of the season against the Cowboys and all anyone complained about that night was the offense. :rolleyes:

Because our offense consistently sucked in all our losses outside of the Vikings game, duh.

Did very little against the Bears until the 4th, multiple turnovers in the GB game, did nothing against the Bills until the fourth, slow start against the Jets, nothing against the Saints, nothing against the Patriots. Our offense couldn't win games when we held teams to 14 points or less either. What the hell makes you think we win the Bears game if our D stepped up?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Because our offense consistently sucked in all our losses outside of the Vikings game, duh.

Did very little against the Bears until the 4th, multiple turnovers in the GB game, did nothing against the Bills until the fourth, slow start against the Jets, nothing against the Saints, nothing against the Patriots. Our offense couldn't win games when we held teams to 14 points or less either. What the hell makes you think we win the Bears game if our D stepped up?
and coaching? the way those games were coached was awful. the game plan was awful. the calls in the end against Minn. had me screaming at the TV.... and you were among those who wanted Garrett on the chopping block before the season.