Do the Cowboys Need a Backup QB?

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Haven't heard too much about it, But if (and I truly hope it doesn't) Bledsoe goes down, who will step in at the helm?

Bledsoe was starting to look real good toward the second half of 2005. This could be a breakout year; especially with TO and hopefully Glenn (holdout?).

Would you consider McMahon as a possible fit if the opportunity presented itself?

NorTex

Reaction score
Bledsoe doesn't go down...he is a rock.

Romo is better than McMahon.

I think Henson is even better than McMahon.

Novacek84

Reaction score
McMahon signed a 2-year deal with Minnesota according to the crawl on ESPN

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
We may target Whitehurst from Clemson in the draft, but I don't see any Vet QB's I think we would be interested in. BTW, Garcia is a nice backup for the Eagles.

cleverusername

Reaction score
I think its time to see what Romo can do. He's really come along, and plus I like the way Parcells says R..O.....M..O.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Novacek84 said:
McMahon signed a 2-year deal with Minnesota according to the crawl on ESPN

That should prove to be an interesting situation. WHo is your #2 ...#3 QB ?

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
Haven't heard too much about it, But if (and I truly hope it doesn't) Bledsoe goes down, who will step in at the helm?

Bledsoe was starting to look real good toward the second half of 2005. This could be a breakout year; especially with TO and hopefully Glenn (holdout?).

Would you consider McMahon as a possible fit if the opportunity presented itself?

Glenn stated he would not holdout..just asking for a little more chedda.

acheman

Reaction score
Do the Eagles need a #1 WR? Do they need a #2 WR to go along with a #1? I am still not sold that they have a #1 QB.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Yes... we need a good back up QB.

So, no... we have no interest in McMahon.

elcocinero

Reaction score
How about Reggie McNeal? 4.38 40, Good Wonderlic score, plus i thought he was underrated with a terrible Texas A&M team. Maybe a good 3rd or 4th rounder?

cleverusername

Reaction score
elcocinero said:
How about Reggie McNeal? 4.38 40, Good Wonderlic score, plus i thought he was underrated with a terrible Texas A&M team. Maybe a good 3rd or 4th rounder?

:hammer:

acheman

Reaction score
:laugh2: :bang2: :banghead: :mad: :eek: :confused: :rolleyes: :laugh1:

elcocinero

Reaction score
acheman said:
:laugh2: :bang2: :banghead: :mad: :eek: :confused: :rolleyes: :laugh1:
You find that funny? Personally i thought he was a better looking quarterback prospect than Vince, and I am a Texas fan.

acheman

Reaction score
To each their own. I find it funny/frustrating that anyone even wants another QB on this roster when two of the three we already have have never been given a REAL chance to show anything let alone enough time to develop.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
acheman said:
To each their own. I find it funny/frustrating that anyone even wants another QB on this roster when two of the three we already have have never been given a REAL chance to show anything let alone enough time to develop.
I think McNeal has potential, but I agree with you as well.

One backup slot to a QB who can step in and play if needed. A second slot to a developmental guy.

We're a little heavy on the developmental side and a little thin on the guys capable of playing.

cleverusername

Reaction score
acheman said:

I' m all for Romo, but if Henson sucks it up in Europe, ( ive got a feeling he will). Do you think we keep him on the roster? I understand your point though, I guess people just want to see the next franchise quarterback. Bledsoe is good but he won't last forever. it's something to think about.