Do the Cowboys Need a Backup QB?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Danny White said:
I think McNeal has potential, but I agree with you as well.

One backup slot to a QB who can step in and play if needed. A second slot to a developmental guy.

We're a little heavy on the developmental side and a little thin on the guys capable of playing.

who's to say McNeal is capable of playing, or any QB we should draft? or are you saying we should go the vet QB route?

I don't think it's a possibility with the contract we gave Romo, don't want to take a cap charge for someone not on the team if we don't need to, and Drew Henson is our development guy, actually both, and the coaching staff seems to want to develop both guys, so again, I don't see us making a move at Qb

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:
We have mcmahon on this roster already his name is Drew Henson....

No disrespect B4MVP, but wile Bledsoe is a fine QB, but he doesn't compare (no Cowboy QB compares), to Troy Aikman. Now that was a qualIty QB, dangerously good! Take it for what it's worth; but it's this Eagle Fan's perspective.

acheman

Reaction score
"while Bledsoe is a fine QB, but he doesn't compare (no Cowboy QB compares), to Troy Aikman. Now that was a qualIty QB, dangerously good!"

Now that is the first sensible thing I have seen you post in this thread.;)
I agree.

danny0812

Reaction score
Bledsoe took a beating in Buffalo before coming here and has started every game for the last 4 years. This guy isnt going down unless there is some serious hit on him. now with that being said. lets not even bring the nfl europe debate into it because anyone remember tommy maddox as nfl europe mvp? would ya wanna sign maddox? i wouldnt sign him to sell used cars. Romo can do enough to win games if need be. TO will make this offense ready for any QB in the short term. Now as far as if its a long term issue i think Jerry would have to do some shopping and find a free agent to come in. Now as far as collins i do remember when he started in carolina they compared him to Aikman. Boy were they ever wrong. And for the running QB ill state it like bledsoe did. When on of those running QBs wins the super bowl then it will give it will give them more credibility. Mcneal and Young will both end up like quincy IMO.

felix360

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
That's good -- holdouts are not team productive mechanisms.

no kidding, we alreay have one bad team productvie mechanism, they call it the T.O.

acheman

Reaction score
"anyone remember tommy maddox as nfl europe mvp?"

No, but I remember Tommy Maddox as XFL MVP.:D

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
rdsknsbaby said:
with bledsoes age i hope you guys do... hes legs arent the same anymore.

Your QB will be 37 years old in october, Bledsoe just turned 34....you do realize that right? Plus he has a track record of injuries.....think about that before you worry about our QB. :cool:

rdsknsbaby

Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:
Your QB will be 37 years old in october, Bledsoe just turned 34....you do realize that right? Plus he has a track record of injuries.....think about that before you worry about our QB. :cool:

but the thing is.... we do have a backup. you dont.

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
rdsknsbaby said:
but the thing is.... we do have a backup. you dont.

Todd Collins? A former 2nd round bust from Buffalo that was supposed to replace Jim Kelly but spent the last 10 years on the bench in KC? Um Ok....

Also I'm sure we aren't done addressing this teams needs.....I don't argue wiht your statement in theory, no way I want to rely on Henson or Romo to step in and lead this team for an extended period of time.....but I'm sure JJ and Parcells will address this situation one way or the other.

Also Bledsoe is a warrrior, the only time he missed games was in 2001 when he had that freak injury that paved the way for Tom Brady. In 1998 he played with a pin in his finger and led the pats to the playoffs despite excrutiating pain. :bow:

rdsknsbaby

Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:
Todd Collins? A former 2nd round bust from Buffalo that was supposed to replace Jim Kelly but spent the last 10 years on the bench in KC? Um Ok....

Also I'm sure we aren't done addressing this teams needs.....I don't argue wiht your statement in theory, no way I want to rely on Henson or Romo to step in and lead this team for an extended period of time.....but I'm sure JJ and Parcells will address this situation one way or the other.

Also Bledsoe is a warrrior, the only time he missed games was in 2001 when he had that freak injury that paved the way for Tom Brady. In 1998 he played with a pin in his finger and led the pats to the playoffs despite excrutiating pain. :bow:

we also have campbell and lets hope that he is something in this league.

Kilyin

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
Bledsoe was starting to look real good toward the second half of 2005.

Didn't read the whole thread yet, this might have been said already but...

I want you to explain to me what rationale you're using to surmise that Bledsoe "was starting to look real good toward the second half of 2005"? Apparently I forgot to wear the prerequisite special goggles necessary to witness this phenomenon taking place, because the Bledsoe I watched faded down the stretch, like he usually does.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Kilyin said:
I want you to explain to me what rationale you're using to surmise that Bledsoe "was starting to look real good toward the second half of 2005"?

I guess I have the advantage of having seen Bledsoe from a different perspective. I saw a healthy QB; not injured needing surgery. I saw a Qb that should have lead their team Into the playoffs; if they had a good kicker and OL protection. I don't kow, I guess you could say I'm defending my position, but objectively, it seemed as though the effort was too little, too late toward the end of the regular season.

That's it, if you're not buying that, I've got nothing else to support what the rationale.

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
Kilyin said:
Didn't read the whole thread yet, this might have been said already but...

I want you to explain to me what rationale you're using to surmise that Bledsoe "was starting to look real good toward the second half of 2005"? Apparently I forgot to wear the prerequisite special goggles necessary to witness this phenomenon taking place, because the Bledsoe I watched faded down the stretch, like he usually does.

Perhaps you missed the KC and Carolina games? :cool: