Do the Eagles have a QB controversy now?

CPanther95

Reaction score
No controversy. Wentz is the #1 and Foles is a team player who will happily earn his $7 million to back up Wentz for a year to try and get another ring.

Eagles shouldn't take anything less than a 1st for Foles and Foles stock will not drop significantly while he's sitting on the bench. There's never a shortage of teams in the NFL desperate for a QB.

Reactions: C42

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think you can bench the super bowl MVP without an open competition. The problem with trading Foles is that he was unable to duplicate his success in Philly anywhere else. So, whats the market for him really gonna be?.

Maybe Philly should shop Wentz? I bet they could land Cleveland's #1 and #4 pick for him. Why not? They already know that Foles is good enough to lead them to a super bowl victory. Isn't that the benchmark for any QB?

Last edited:

CPanther95

Reaction score
I don't think you can bench the super bowl MVP without an open competition. The problem with trading Foles is that he was unable to duplicate his success in Philly anywhere else. So, whats the market for him really gonna be?.

Maybe Philly should shop Wentz? I bet they could land Cleveland's #1 and #4 pick for him.

Foles duplicated his success in Philly - in Philly. He went from a one year wonder who experienced a fluke season, to a great QB who was misused for 3 years.

sandbridge77

Reaction score
No controversy, Foles has been saying all along its Carson's team. When Carson is healthy Nick will go back to being a very well paid backup. Nick is the ultimate team first guy, in fact if the Eagles do get offers they cant refuse for Foles I believe management will let Nick have a say in where he is traded to.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Foles duplicated his success in Philly - in Philly. He went from a one year wonder who experienced a fluke season, to a great QB who was misused for 3 years.

I still think Wentz fetches them more on the market. Why turn away from the guy who just won the super bowl? The best Wentz can do is be as good as Foles at this point. Imagine Howie Roseman with the #4 and #1 overall picks and what he could do with that kind of draft capitol. They would be set for the next decade.

CPanther95

Reaction score
I still think Wentz fetches them more on the market. Why turn away from the guy who just won the super bowl? The best Wentz can do is be as good as Foles at this point. Imagine Howie Roseman with the #4 and #1 overall picks and what he could do with that kind of draft capitol. They would be set for the next decade.

I know why Cowboys fans would like them to trade Wentz, but it ain't happening. Even based solely on this year alone, you keep the 11-2 MVP candidate over Foles - he's the future of the franchise.

... and no, Wentz can do more than just "be as good as Foles". Foles won the Super Bowl, Wentz could win multiple Super Bowls.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know why Cowboys fans would like them to trade Wentz, but it ain't happening. Even based solely on this year alone, you keep the 11-2 MVP candidate over Foles - he's the future of the franchise.

... and no, Wentz can do more than just "be as good as Foles". Foles won the Super Bowl, Wentz could win multiple Super Bowls.

And COULD is the operative word. I'll take ALREADY DONE over COULD any day. Foles just did it and whose to say he couldn't do it again?

As a cowboy fan, i'm looking up at the Eagles in either scenario for the foreseeable future.

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
If I'm the Eagles, I trade Carson Wentz.

No joke...Nick Foles just won the freaking Super Bowl and he's only 29 years old. They would receive a kings ransom for Wentz and they could continue to stack their team with talent.

If we were in the same situation with Dak on his way to an MVP season, and a veteran journeyman came in and won the Super Bowl after a historic playoff run, then you can't get rid of the Super Bowl winning QB.

It's been proven, empirically, that the Eagles can win with him...they'd be fools to let him go.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
If I'm the Eagles, I trade Carson Wentz.

No joke...Nick Foles just won the freaking Super Bowl and he's only 29 years old. They would receive a kings ransom for Wentz and they could continue to stack their team with talent.

If we were in the same situation with Dak on his way to an MVP season, and a veteran journeyman came in and won the Super Bowl after a historic playoff run, then you can't get rid of the Super Bowl winning QB.

It's been proven, empirically, that the Eagles can win with him...they'd be fools to let him go.
Sorry but I gotta disagree. Wentz is the future. Foles is a good backup, maybe even a starter for another team, but not the eagles.

Big_D

Reaction score
no controversy.. start Wentz, trade Foles.

ghostdog

Reaction score
Here’s to Foles getting traded and Eagles not winning another SB with Wentz.
Well we do not have to wish misfortune on you guys, you already have Dak. i thought you needed two QBs to have have a controversy, come to find out you can have one without any. During that four game stretch you guys were crying for a broke down has been tv announcer to come save you.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I'll say it again....yes.
no way SB MvP just falls back in line.
and who knows if wentz comes back the same after that.
We've seen this before...player A plays great...gets hurt....player B comes in,plays as good or better and wins franchise 1st SB...and keeps the job.
his name......Tom Brady.
hell...its how we got Dak.
if there isnt a trade...let'em fight it out in camp.
I hate philly so screw'em.
5>1.

Ghost12

Reaction score
Unless, someone offers eagles a 1st maybe 2nd rounder, I think Foles stays under new contract that pays him well, knowing he is solid in THIS system and can step in in wentz is hurt. He almost retired and he knows he won't be the same anywhere else but Philly.
Bullcrap. He is a Super Bowl MVP. He is 29 years old. The Eagles were arguably better with him than they were before the Wentz injury. Do you honestly believe he is saying to himself "gee, I am not good enough to succeed anywhere but Philly...."

He can't control 2018, but there is no way he willingly signs a deal that puts him into a long-term backup role. That would be the height of gutlessness, and he is a worthy champion.

Last edited:

Ghost12

Reaction score
QB controversies tend not to pop up when things are good, and things are very good in Philly right now.... but if Wentz goes 3-3 to start the season next year, Lord help him.

ghostdog

Reaction score
Bullcrap. He is a Super Bowl MVP. He is 29 years old. The Eagles were arguably better with him than they were before the Wentz injury. Do you honestly believe he is saying to himself "gee, I am not good enough to succeed anywhere but Philly...."

He can't control 2018, but there is no way he willingly signs a deal that puts him into a long-term backup role. That would be the height of gutlessness, and he is a worthy champion.
Can you count? I'll assume you can. With Carson we won our games on average by about 12.5points. With Nick it's been about 5. So tell me again how we are better with Nick?

Ghost12

Reaction score
Can you count? I'll assume you can. With Carson we won our games on average by about 12.5points. With Nick it's been about 5. So tell me again how we are better with Nick?
I can sure as hell count much better than you can. In the 5 meaningful games Foles started, the Eagles won by over 11 points per game.

BTW, unlike you, I am smart enough to look at the caliber of opposition. In those 5 games, Foles beat more playoff teams than Wentz did the entire season. He did what he did against a much tougher caliber of opposition.

jay94

Reaction score
Get a second feel thrilled, move on. He was clutch something this organization has been allergic too for years, when it truly matters.