Do we do analytics

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
If they did they would go for a lot more 4th downs, never Punt from the Opponents <40, go for 2 more often and generally be more aggressive..... the numbers back it up

We want to be the 90s Cowboys Ground and Pound Offense in a modern world

It is like when Golden State figured out you don't Shaq anymore, just 3-4 guys that can shoot 3s..... the numbers have changed BB forever unless they eliminate the 3 - pointer

Brady has figured out that teams can't stop the 5-10 yard passing game with a pass rush..... look for the mismatch thru formations and take 12 plays to score.... it is the modern ground and pound
That is an obviously imperceptible predispositioned opinion to most fans general view in their footballish concept,,,er,,, of that quarterback who plays for the New England TOM BRADY'S ya know?, yet, it's of such an truthfully factual & eloquently profound observation to have been unleashed upon 'em,,,:)

* as everybody knows the reason that,,,:huh: ,,,that New England TOM BRADY'S quarterback's dink& dunk, clock munching, attack scheme is so effective in generally leading to a guaranteed T.D.?,,, is, should the opposition D press the line to negate the effects he's blatantly foisting upon them,,,HE'LL BURN THEIR REAR A.O. deep,,,quick as an alien death ray,,,therefore that attribute garners a foes respect ,,,of which quarterbacks of lesser caliber& capabilities are not granted:lmao:

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
The Eagles are just about the right amount of aggressive with their veteran moves. They make a fair number of them, and for decent players, don’t mind using FA in conjunction with their middle and low round draft picks, and they churn the team a fair amount with players who can actually earn snaps. Basically like we’re finally doing this offseason with the moves like the Cobb and Quinn moves.

Re the OP: of course we have a massive commitment to analytics. It’s a billion dollar organization that spends a fortune on finding and developing talent. These fan wet dreams that it hasn’t occurred to the team to use data to make decisions are a perfect example of the kind of thought that goes into garden-variety criticism. If something isn’t widely reported in detail, knee jerk reaction is to assume the most negative implication is actual, so that it’s just another log to throw on the imaginary bonfire.
Well thanks for clearing that up for me. I am stupid when it comes to such stuff. I possibly have missed or not read any previously posted threads here about this subject where it involves the Cowboys.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well thanks for clearing that up for me. I am stupid when it comes to such stuff. I possibly have missed or not read any previously posted threads here about this subject where it involves the Cowboys.

Sorry, dude. Rereading that, my tone wasn’t what I intended in my head. I was thinking more about some of the responses you got early in the thread and not necessarily about your question.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes. John. And how's bad must things have been for this team to actually get rid of a Garrett?

John then went on to screw up our offensive line by being the man most responsible for putting in word to hire Paul Alexander.

The Garretts have been damaging the Cowboys for over a decade now.
:clap:Yes, but they are very consistent about it!

Roadtrip635

Reaction score

Analytics is just analyzing data and stats, comparing players 40 times is analytics, albeit a very simple form. I think many fans are in that same boat, the term "analytics" sounds very scientific and precise, but it's an imperfect science because humans are imperfect. You have to have the right data and ask the right questions. Sources like NextGen stats or PFF use analytical data, but it doesn't always mean the conclusions they draw are correct. How many times have you seen posts arguing the validity of the PFF scores because the numbers don't back up the eye test? How much trust do you put in how that data is collected? NextGen type stats breakdown various situations and scenarios, but which stats are the most relevant and important to what you're looking for? How much were those stats/analytics affected by things harder to quantify, like situations, style of play, a players motivation or injury(s)?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To be honest, I feel that the Cowboys have grown a bit stagnant in this area over the past 20 years.

At one time, the Brandt/Schramm Cowboys were at the forefront of all of this stuff. Ahead of their time. Being the first guys to even use a computer.

Now? I think we're followers rather than leaders. Reactionists rather than revolutionaries. We follow the trends after someone else has started them.

And I think that very much applies to the field of pro and self-Scouting and analytics. Take note of our last game against the Rams. Where they managed to pick up tendencies and tells that we weren't smart eńough to know that we had. And as a result, we got clobbered.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
It seems like this same thread gets posted every month or so. Yes, they do analytics. Every team does.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
Analytics says the cowboys have a bunch of skilled players that cant score much. Just a bunch of possession guys who cant go up for a ball.

I doubt very serious theyre using scoring analytics otherwise we wouldnt have gotten stuck w that wr and te by committee last year.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Byron Jones was ranked one of the best corners this past season........not only that if Brown was in Dallas and Jones in New England than he would have the Superbowl ring and not Brown. Getting Brown would not have gotten us a Superbowl.........getting Belichek would have though

If we had Brown...we aren't getting steam rolled for 300 rushing yards by the Rams....that's for sure.:popcorn:

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
If we had Brown...we aren't getting steam rolled for 300 rushing yards by the Rams....that's for sure.:popcorn:
We didn't give up 300 yards without him. That being said with Brown I'm willing to bet not much would have changed in that game..........because of coaching/scheme or whatever.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
Some of the finest minds in football work at the star. Need proof? Too bad. Just keep walking and shake that pom pom.

We cant score shinola in the playoffs with these jackleg tes leading the march but we sure got some awesome cheerleaders.

Maybe we could recruit one of those LFL Tes. She couldnt catch any less td passes thats for darn sure and alot more exciting to watch.

One more year before kellen more is the coach of this scrub te led offense. We got sold on the Gronk Hernandez style of offense and while it sounded great we dont have no go up and make a play te on the roster that can score against good teams

The tes will prolly get 3 tds against the giants and none the last 15 games. But theyll play every passing snap. Lol.

Radioball for 6+ years and counting. Theyll run zeke like hes gonna score 25 tds and he'll get 6 or 7 on 450 touches if he doesnt get hurt. Lol

Garretts last year thank goodness. You cant win a Superbowl with a te led passing offense and a 4td a year te core. Lol.

I cant believe all the te hype when Gronk had 15 tds and our guy caught just 1 td on a 1.5 yard td pass.

Pick 1 te
2 te
3 te
4 te
5 te

Our draft record says we need to do this

Last edited: