Do We Draft, Sign, Or Trade For A QB?

Ken

Reaction score
My gosh you are in denial.

This FO failed.
I'm in denial?

How many teams can overcome their franchise LT, starting G going down, and then their Franchise Qb?

Everyone CRIED all offseason about back LT. Everyone CRIED all week about LT. They went out and got Peters and the ROOKIE LT played VERY well.

Just sit back and enjoy the game. Watch them develop...that is the beauty of not having an OLD team.

Creeper

Reaction score
I think they need to draft a QB in 2023. Dak's deal is up in 2024. Maybe they can trade Dak at the end of 2023 for draft picks and start to rebuild the OL with them in 2024. But the problem is, there needs to be a worthy QB in the draft, and if there is they will need to be picking first to take him. That's why I would have kept DiNucci on the PS, or at least some young developing QB. Rush and Grier are just warm bodies. The Cowboys aren't going to win with either of them.

After what I saw last night, they aren't going to win much with Dak either. He looked really bad last night.

People keep talking about winning games when Dak comes back. Where is it written this team will win with Dak? I think last night we saw this team has some major problems that are not going to get fixed. And, I hate to say it, but injuries tend to come in bunches. Last night Kearse, Basham, Dak and McGovern all got hurt and will all miss at least 2 games or more. It was just the first game. Who is next?

The Cowboys need a change, starting with the front office and Jerry (and Stephen) but that's not going to happen

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
For those that were on the fence it's time to face the music. Dak just isn't good. He's an injury waiting to happen at this point and he requires elite players everywhere to even look halfway decent. When Dak is your QB the margin of error with the rest of the roster is incredibly small. The Teddy Bridgewater's and Garner Minshews of the world would look better right now. I mean, I thought Rush looked better.

So we have 3 options here:

Do we try to get a QB through the draft like Mahomes, Burrow, Herbert, or Allen?

Do we sign a QB like Tampa did with Brady?

Do we trade for a QB like the Rams did with Stafford?

Personally, with us being stuck with the injury prone and not good Dak Prescott I think we should draft a 1st rounder THIS YEAR with our high draft pick we'll have. This years draft is supposed to be very high on QB talent. This is the year we should do it.

We can put him behind Dak and let him learn and as soon as Dak can be let go we let him go.

It's time to take the QB seriously again for the first time since Aikman.
Agreed, But no way Jerry will do what needs to be done.
Once Jerry commits , he won't change his mind.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Do we try to get a QB through draft like Wilson, Jones, Haskins, mayfield, darnold, rosen, turbiskey.....not saying we shouldn't try, but its like fishing in shark infested waters. fish is going to be tough to catch.

who do we sign like Brady? will they be able to overcome the dysfunction that's Jerry jones?

who is willing to trade a QB that can lift this team to the next level? Stafford, was a #1 over all pick. Detroit in need of a big haul, needing talent infusion and draft picks. so who are the bottom sucking teams that have a mathew stafford type player and ready to make a trade?

its all wishful thinking.

with that said, Dak is here one more year. if we suck this year, we can go fishing for a QB, maybe we get lucky, but then again, Jerry will find a way to ruin him too.
Until we fix this dysfunctional front office this team is not going to win squat.
I don't care who the QB is!!!

darealvelle

Reaction score
I want a running qb that move in the pocket, because Kellen dumb *** will have a passing qb throwing 40x a game. Not like we have any good receivers any got damn way.

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score
I'm in denial?

How many teams can overcome their franchise LT, starting G going down, and then their Franchise Qb?

Everyone CRIED all offseason about back LT. Everyone CRIED all week about LT. They went out and got Peters and the ROOKIE LT played VERY well.

Just sit back and enjoy the game. Watch them develop...that is the beauty of not having an OLD team.

Denial for sure son . Dak is a Fraud !

GuitarBytes

Reaction score
For me, there are two good options for the next draft, QB CJ Stroud (who will possibly leave in the first pick, I like the a lot) and QB Bryce Young , I personally would like the cowboys to select Stroud, He would change the face of the cowboys, he looks a lot better than what Dak is, I say let Cooper Rush play and make the road for Stroud, he is very precise, and a TD machine.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
High pick you have to take a shot at a qb… in a qb driven league. Then you let dak prove to everyone he can win for a year.

if he can’t he loses his job. He makes 40 mil a year he’ll be fine

HungryLion

Reaction score
Draft one.

My fear is the jones boys will try to find a diamond in the rough like they have since Aikman.

I don’t want to see anyone selected in the second round or later. I don’t want to see other teams castoffs.

if they are going to replace Dak. I want him replaced with a top 10, preferably top 5 draft pick. A real stud prospect.

If you select a QB in the 2nd or later. You’re just begging for another Dak at best and have near 0% chance of them being elite.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
They'll stand pat. They "found" Dak in the draft and is their diamond. No way they'll try to upgrade the position. If they do, look for them to do in the later rounds.

Imagine owning an NFL team and never trying to continuously draft/upgrade the most important position on the team.