Do we have a good team, or just good players?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We have 53 Brands who are turning on each other and claiming they were tired before the very first playoff game. You call that a team?
Jessey Holley said that, never saw it that way until I heard him say it like that!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They are a team with some good players. And some decent coaching. Discipline being the biggest concern.

But that have not come together to be a good team, or more like a great team. And that is a combination of several things.
I think that coffee is kicking in, post of the morning!!!!!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Practically all NFL players are better than any college players, so basically all professional players are good regardless of team.

Good teams make the playoffs. Dallas has made the playoffs three straight seasons. Dallas has a good team.

Both of the above are irrelevant.

Better teams maintain an efficient roster of players, who work in unison and make as few mistakes as possible consistently. Efficiency and consistency are important because the teams that do not deviate the farthest from their ultimate goal advance further than their peers. Each season, the best team is the most efficient and consistent.

@Coogiguy03, please give your thoughts beyond that of simply good players and good teams.
You're going to hate me for this, but are we really better than college teams, at times we look like a JV team, it's not being funny, but we look like we don't belong out there on the field

ShiningStar

Reaction score
i am sorry the only answer is

we have a bad team that beats worse teams, the more bad teams there are, the better we look.

There is nothing good about this team.

Big_D

Reaction score
And the players are/were there. While we were chasing McCoy and Poe and Nolan Carroll and HaHa, Cincy was signing big ol' Reader who was a big part their super bowl appearance.
That’s what happens when the owners son runs free agency and does all the number crunching. It’s just a bad situation. Watching them work with the belt tightening this offseason should be a comedy of errors. I have no confidence at all in this front office.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Disagree. The players do not think that about management. If they do, they they do not belong on the team.
Not defending the FO. But the players must look to themselves first.

The FO are not the one out there making stupid penalties at the worse times. They are not out missing tackles, dropping passes, not making the passes.
you're very right, but those people need to hold them accountable instead of offering praise to players as if they're playing well when these things happen

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We have 3 elite players and one is getting old, Parsons, Lamb and Martin. For everyone else, there are hundreds of the same caliber of player across the league. To win playoff games, your elite players and coaching need to be the difference. Parsons was invisible. Lamb was too busy pouting and McCarthy didn’t have the team ready.
Compared to the players on the other team, it seems like they're not on the level that our players get praised for, but somehow they're so much better!! There will be guys on the opposing defense that will cause more disruption than micah does and he's not even a big named player, or a guy on GB that doesn't have the name like Lamb does around the league who outplayed him

FanofJerry

Reaction score
it's crazy to see that our guys are never prepared and a step behind. Biggest game of the season and we come out looking lost!!
Here is the catch...

Who are you going to blame next year in a first round loss or second round loss? Zim is supposedly a hard a 5 5 on his players.

If Jimmy has a seat at the table now. I get it that he may not have that much of a voice in the Org...but Time is after Jerry and I do believe Jerry wants to win over sell jersey's.

Who is the World going to blame if you have two hard a 5 5 e 5 in the Org now?

Ol' trusty Dak will be there to blame I guess.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Here is the catch...

Who are you going to blame next year in a first round loss or second round loss? Zim is supposedly a hard a 5 5 on his players.

If Jimmy has a seat at the table now. I get it that he may not have that much of a voice in the Org...but Time is after Jerry and I do believe Jerry wants to win over sell jersey's.

Who is the World going to blame if you have two hard a 5 5 e 5 in the Org now?

Ol' trusty Dak will be there to blame I guess.
It's time for the right people to be accountable and head to a nearby mirror and say where am I messing up, do I really want to win or just say that i'm winning when i'm really not!!

Big_D

Reaction score
It's time for the right people to be accountable and head to a nearby mirror and say where am I messing up, do I really want to win or just say that i'm winning when i'm really not!!
That will never happen. Next year Jerry will put a list of scapegoats together and then we can just repeat the process.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I play my best my eleven, not my eleven best.” — Knute Rockne, former Notre Dame HC.

There‘s a big difference between having a collection of all stars and a team. Maybe fantasy football has made us believe the key to winning is to just get the best collection of players instead of building the best team. Yes, I believe you must have talent to win. But it takes a talented TEAM to win a championship, not a talented collection of players.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're going to hate me for this, but are we really better than college teams, at times we look like a JV team, it's not being funny, but we look like we don't belong out there on the field
There is nothing to hate. Any team playing junior varsity-type football at the NFL level is still better than any college team.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We have some good players, but overall the 53 is the problem and the holes are piling up. This is a FO notorious for being pretty clueless in these situations.
The last couple of years the Cowboys have had what many consider one of the best rosters in the league.

At times last year they were considered in the top 2 or 3. So they must have some kind of clue.

Big_D

Reaction score
The last couple of years the Cowboys have had what many consider one of the best rosters in the league.

At times last year they were considered in the top 2 or 3. So they must have some kind of clue.
Yet they can never figure out how to get over that hump. One of your best Oline just departed, it’s years and years of the same exact story. Good, not good enough. One of the best rosters in the league is just a classic overvalue like we’ve been seeing for a long time. An overused cliche with no results attached. They draft the best too. lol. Great at everything except actually winning.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
All around the fan blog, we hear this team is great, on the media outlets the same is said. Minus Jerry and Stephen what they do or don't do, let's focus on the players themselves.

Do we have a good team, or have we just assembled a roster full of players. Let's discuss, once again let's leave Jerry and Stephen out of it, and not bash one particular player!! Please give your thoughts.
Good players right now.

The team is built by the personalities and the leaders.

It's how they behave that makes up the culture, and ultimately the team.

Sjoseph316

Reaction score
We have some good players but we don’t have enough players that hate to lose. We don’t have a team, we have individuals in it for themselves, me, me, me, look at me.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The players that come to the Cowboys seem to be more interested in building their own personal brand rather than winning. They never seem that bothered by these disappointing playoff losses. It has no affect on what they’re doing outside of football because they play for the Cowboys. In a recent interview with CeeDee he commented about making more money and scoring more TDs, but never said anything about winning. He sounded more interested in building up his stats and getting paid.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The players that come to the Cowboys seem to be more interested in building their own personal brand rather than winning. They never seem that bothered by these disappointing playoff losses. It has no affect on what they’re doing outside of football because they play for the Cowboys. In a recent interview with CeeDee he commented about making more money and scoring more TDs, but never said anything about winning. He sounded more interested in building up his stats and getting paid.
Hmm, that sounds like someone else on the team. I forgot his jersey number though.