Do we really want another QB that was drafted by the Browns

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know Dez was out injured that's what I meant. Even a healthy Dez doesn't have the speed to beat a secondary deep like Gordon. Twill is a better deep threat than Dez.

I wouldn't argue that.

How do you feel about making an offer for Gordon?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I wouldn't argue that.

How do you feel about making an offer for Gordon?

Even as talented as Gordon is not sure any team would make a play for him he's still serving a year long suspension. He's been suspended multiple times I have less trust in him than Manziel. Gordon's NFL career could be over he has some serious issues that I doubt any team is going to want to deal with.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Even as talented as Gordon is not sure any team would make a play for him he's still serving a year long suspension. He's been suspended multiple times I have less trust in him than Manziel. Gordon's NFL career could be over he has some serious issues.

I'm doing a hypothetical where I would send a 4th round pick to Cleveland for the Double Trouble package of Manziel and Gordon. A true risk/reward scenario but one I would make considering we have a compensatory 4th round pick this year if it all blows up.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I'm doing a hypothetical where I would send a 4th round pick to Cleveland for the Double Trouble package of Manziel and Gordon. A true risk/reward scenario but one I would make considering we have a compensatory 4th round pick this year if it all blows up.

I wouldn't do it they both caused embarrassment for the Browns and they continued to lose with them. Despite over 1600 yards and 9 TD's in 2013 by Gordon the Browns still finished 4-12. Adding Cleveland Browns castoffs isn't going to help lead the Cowboys to a championship. Despite multiple suspensions Gordon can't stay clean because he has a drug dependency you can't trust a player like that.

Bringing on bad character players who've been accused of domestic violence and have drug and alcohol dependencies is not the recipe for building a solid team. Carolina had their best season in franchise history without Hardy. The teams that are winning aren't adding players that can cause tension within the locker room and destroy team chemistry. If the Browns were willing to take a 4th round pick for both players it would point to how little they think of both.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wouldn't do it they both caused embarrassment for the Browns and they continued to lose with them. Despite over 1600 yards and 9 TD's in 2013 by Gordon the Browns still finished 4-12. Adding Cleveland Browns castoffs isn't going to help lead the Cowboys to a championship. Despite multiple suspensions Gordon can't stay clean because he has a drug dependency you can't trust a player like that.

Bringing on bad character players who've been accused of domestic violence and have drug and alcohol dependencies is not the recipe for building a solid team. Carolina had their best season in franchise history without Hardy. The teams that are winning aren't adding players that can cause tension within the locker room and destroy team chemistry. If the Browns were willing to take a 4th round pick for both players it would point to how little they think of both.

I can't blame you for feeling the way you do. You've got a lot of company. My own requirements would be a strict zero tolerance policy for both and if either stepped out of line at all, they'd be gone.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I can't blame you for feeling the way you do. You've got a lot of company. My own requirements would be a strict zero tolerance policy for both and if either stepped out of line at all, they'd be gone.

Adding a player whose issues require a zero tolerance policy is not conducive to good team chemistry. Every time the Cowboys add a problem player nothing good ever comes of it and it usually leads to a disappointing season as was the case with Pacman and Hardy. The Cowboys won as many games without Hardy this season as they did with him despite having him for 12 games. You can't count on a player you place a zero tolerance policy on because one problem and they're gone. They're not worth the headache.

dfan32

Reaction score
You all swear it's because of another team why another man might suck.

I'm replying to your post because I like the picture!
It could be the team though. Do you think Cleveland missed on that many QB's? (I lost count) Or is Cleveland so bad, they ruin every QB they pick? Lol!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Do you think Cleveland missed on that many QB's? (I lost count) Or is Cleveland so bad, they ruin every QB they pick? Lol!

I'll give you my opinion I think it's been a combination of both. To try and figure out what's gone wrong with the Browns you have to go all the way back to when things started to slowly unravel for that franchise. The drive by Elway in the 86 AFC title game and the Byner fumble a year later started the ball to slowly start rolling in the wrong direction for Cleveland. We all know what "The Catch" led to the beginning of the end for the Cowboys under Tom Landry. Losing in a heartbreaking fashion can take a lot out of a team and those back to back title game losses are where things started to slide for the Browns and by 1990 they were 3-13. Kosar had a down year in 1990 missing 3 games and throwing more INT's than TD's. After 3 straight losing seasons the Browns decided to release Kosar during the 93 season never dreaming that would be the beginning of a torturous 23 year and counting search for another franchise QB.

Everyone has failed in Cleveland from QBs to coaches to GMs even Belichick failed. Belichick appeared to have the Browns on the right track in 94 going 11-5 but with the announcement during the 95 season that the team would be moving to Baltimore they folded tent after a 3-1 start to finish 5-11 costing Belichick and his entire staff their jobs. The move devastated Cleveland especially to see their team win a championship in Baltimore 5 years later. Since Cleveland got their team back in 99 they haven't been able to find a formula for success and no team has gone through more QBs than the Browns since then. Many of the QBs they've brought in over the years were veteran journeymen like Dilfer, Jeff Garcia and Vinny just to name a few. Click the link and check out the list of Browns QBs over the years it's amusing.

The QBs they've drafted ended up losing their confidence never panning out anywhere else. Once a QB loses their confidence rarely do they ever regain it somewhere else. Most coaches are destined for failure if they don't have a QB. The success of every great NFL head coach except for Parcells and Joe Gibbs was tied to a HOF QB. All the great organizations have stability and a formula for success which is the first step in finding a QB. Hard to get any stability when you keep changing GMs, HCs and QBs. You can't build a solid foundation if you keep making changes searching for answers. Many talk about how tough it is to play QB in Dallas but imagine being a young QB drafted #1 by Cleveland knowing that every QB they've had since Bernie Koasr has failed. That has to be a mountain on the shoulders of any young QB knowing they're being asked to turn a franchise around where not even GMs and HCs last more than 2 years.

http://cowboyszone.com/threads/do-w...fted-by-the-browns.341117/page-7#post-6524183