Do we want another Schottenheimer or Mora?

Starstruck22

Reaction score
I frankly do not. And regardless, I do believe, McCarthy has demonstrated incompetence in clock management, challenging plays, and in motivating the team on road games and playoff games. I don‘t believe this will change nor do many people. So if Dallas loses to Washington and gets the fifth seed or does not get to the championship game despite winning the 2 seed, I think firing Mike is appropriate. I would give Quinn whatever He wants to retain him but would not give him head coach because he has already demonstrated the peter principle in spades.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Here’s my question: given the Jones’ track record when hiring coaches — and their rather paper-thin search process — are we confident they would replace McCarthy with someone better?

Quinn, for one, does nothing for me. If we are firing McCarthy because we are tired getting bounced early in the playoffs, why promote his top lieutenant who had his hands all over those defeats?

Starstruck22

Reaction score
Here’s my question: given the Jones’ track record when hiring coaches — and their rather paper-thin search process — are we confident they would replace McCarthy with someone better?

Quinn, for one, does nothing for me. If we are firing McCarthy because we are tired getting bounced early in the playoffs, why promote his top lieutenant who had his hands all over those defeats?
I would not hire Quinn because of the Peter Principle which suggests that just because you are a successful D coordinator that does not ipso facto mean you will be a great head coach. And Quinn lost a Super Bowl in a very bad way and never demonstrated head coach potential. But telling me there are no smart, capable, talented, offensive geniuses out there that would make great head coaches for a decade to come is ludicrous.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
I would not hire Quinn because of the Peter Principle which suggests that just because you are a successful D coordinator that does not ipso facto mean you will be a great head coach. And Quinn lost a Super Bowl in a very bad way and never demonstrated head coach potential. But telling me there are no smart, capable, talented, offensive geniuses out there that would make great head coaches for a decade to come is ludicrous.
Oh, there are plenty of talented head-coaches-to-be.

Can the Joneses identify them?

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I'm reluctant to fire a coach who has not had five seasons to turn the team around. Plus, MM has been getting this team to the playoffs. Some of his clock management has raised my eyebrow, but he's got this team winning. It would take a major collapse against Washington to make me in favor of firing MM.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's been said he's a better coordinator, I think he's fine right there. You could also give him the DC title, as well as Asst head coach, I think that's better at least

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
You would get rid of Quinn????
Just asking the question. This place goes crazy when Jerry decides to give a coach coming in their coordinators saying it's not a good move and Jerry undermining the new regime before they even get the chance to begin.

CWR

Reaction score
I'm reluctant to fire a coach who has not had five seasons to turn the team around. Plus, MM has been getting this team to the playoffs. Some of his clock management has raised my eyebrow, but he's got this team winning. It would take a major collapse against Washington to make me in favor of firing MM.
Same, three 12 wins seasons straight is nothing to sneeze at. Winning consistently typically leads to winning in the playoffs. Hopefully it translates at least past the divisional round and there won't be any question.

RonWashington

Reaction score

Some of his clock management and keeping the challenge flag in the bsck pocket is bizarre . He’s got a golden opportunity to advance to the NFCCG let’s see how it plays out .

Cowboyny

Reaction score
MM isn’t going anywhere. They just were beaten by a better team in the 49ers and none of the games were blowouts by any means.

Havic

Reaction score
In a perfect world I'd have MM being the QB / Assistant coach.

Starstruck22

Reaction score
MM isn’t going anywhere. They just were beaten by a better team in the 49ers and none of the games were blowouts by any means.
Okay let’s say in the next 3 years they never make it beyond championship. Are you satisfied with that???? Just say the other team is better???? Really??? Mediocrity is sickening.

Reaction score
Jerry is 81 years old

He does not want to start over unless he absolutely has no other choice

Unless Belichek gives him a call