Do we want another Schottenheimer or Mora?

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
The fact that this is even a conversation is ridiculous. Mike has his flaws, but the results speak for themselves. Who in their right mind would want to coach for an owner that fired a guy that's sent his team to the playoffs 3 consecutive years? Remember where this team was under Garrett, compared to now. Are you ready to go back there, or worse?

JBS

Reaction score
You want to fire MM and hire DQ

And you think this is a good idea

Hahahah

Chasing6

Reaction score
I frankly do not. And regardless, I do believe, McCarthy has demonstrated incompetence in clock management, challenging plays, and in motivating the team on road games and playoff games. I don‘t believe this will change nor do many people. So if Dallas loses to Washington and gets the fifth seed or does not get to the championship game despite winning the 2 seed, I think firing Mike is appropriate. I would give Quinn whatever He wants to retain him but would not give him head coach because he has already demonstrated the peter principle in spades.
We don't have an opening.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Okay let’s say in the next 3 years they never make it beyond championship. Are you satisfied with that???? Just say the other team is better???? Really??? Mediocrity is sickening.
Getting to a Super Bowl is hard, getting into the playoffs gives them a chance. Certainly he won’t have a everlasting leach to make it, but he has earned an extension

Starstruck22

Reaction score
Getting to a Super Bowl is hard, getting into the playoffs gives them a chance. Certainly he won’t have a everlasting leach to make it, but he has earned an extension
Mediocrity reigns in Cowboys nation. That is our problem. We settle for nothing in 30 years. Wonderful!!!!!!!

Starstruck22

Reaction score
The fact that this is even a conversation is ridiculous. Mike has his flaws, but the results speak for themselves. Who in their right mind would want to coach for an owner that fired a guy that's sent his team to the playoffs 3 consecutive years? Remember where this team was under Garrett, compared to now. Are you ready to go back there, or worse?
The power of positive thinking. Getting rid of poor clock management, poor challenge decisions, and poor motivator for someone who is intelligent. Thank you.

Starstruck22

Reaction score
I'm reluctant to fire a coach who has not had five seasons to turn the team around. Plus, MM has been getting this team to the playoffs. Some of his clock management has raised my eyebrow, but he's got this team winning. It would take a major collapse against Washington to make me in favor of firing MM.
That was the question. If he doesn't beat washington, we ain't going anywhere.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I frankly do not. And regardless, I do believe, McCarthy has demonstrated incompetence in clock management, challenging plays, and in motivating the team on road games and playoff games. I don‘t believe this will change nor do many people. So if Dallas loses to Washington and gets the fifth seed or does not get to the championship game despite winning the 2 seed, I think firing Mike is appropriate. I would give Quinn whatever He wants to retain him but would not give him head coach because he has already demonstrated the peter principle in spades.
Why would Quinn deserve to be promoted in that scenario?

You don’t fire Mike to keep Quinn at this point.

Starstruck22

Reaction score
Jerry is 81 years old

He does not want to start over unless he absolutely has no other choice

Unless Belichek gives him a call
Jerry will be dead, embalmed and buried before we win another Super Bowl and maybe that is a good thing. He doesn't deserve it.

Mark

Reaction score
The fact that this is even a conversation is ridiculous.
For real. Beyond ridiculous.

Cowboys on the verge of winning the division and charting their best playoff course in years, and the OP is issuing outlandish ultimatums, and outlining firing scenarios. Some people just can't live in the moment and enjoy anything.

Mannix

Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Early candidate for post of the month

sacase

Reaction score
Quinn is doing great with what we have. We don't have any real linebackers. He's making magic with what we have. But our smaller guys are wearing down